Guncrazy USA

Discussion in 'Protest' started by White Scorpion, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I completely agree with you, however like Nacht said........their are many places in the US you would be completely insane not to arm yourself. I don't think restrictive gun control is going to do any good though, I think the root of the problem needs to be addressed, starting with changing what is accepted as "entertainment" and "culture" in america, and teaching more tolerance and understanding towards those who are different or disenfranchised. Their are alot of sick people in the US, and they need psychological help, however for many it is too late. I don't think their is any hard and fast solution to this problem. I believe it's going to be a slow uphill battle, but if we take the problem to task, within a generation or two attitudes and perceptions can be altered.

2. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

That is a pile of dog poo !
    the fact is I have seen those statistics you will produce and I know that you are going to get your information from a site which has basically bullshitted you, because of this one fact

when you quote these figures I will prove categorically that your figures are untrue because of the way the home office in the uk calculated its figures after 1997 to take account of the fact that the criminal justice acts obliterated some crimes and added others - you show me your figures and I'll show you that you cant trust them ok !???
    Besides which - if a burglar broke into a house in britain and the owner of a gun killed the burglar they in turn would have and often are charged with and sentenced for murder.

Even if the gun crime figures went up 500% in britain you are talking of 140 murders - it has to go up 50000 times to reach levels in the usa

so come on then show us yer shitistics?
    Some of you guys want to take away guns from law-abiding citizens.

Sorry I do not think I am sufficiently unintelligent enough to understand this. Can you reiterate your points in a language that is designed for adults please

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Ronald is correct. Crime statistics are manipulated by the FBI regularly to make themselves look better. A census taker came to my door a few years ago, doing a crime study for the Census Bureau. I told him to get the hell off my doorstep. He told me I couldbe prosecuted for not participating. I told him I'd be here when he came back with the law. They never came back. It's all bullshit.

EDIT - my point was that they make too much shit up to be trusted.

4. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

Civilians should bear arms simply for defense however

5. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

defence against what exactly?
    Iran, Iraq, what?
    What are you so afraid of?
    Burglars, robbers, what?
    so a burglar comes into your house, let them steal your stuff claim it back on insurance?
    whio gives a FF so long as you dont get hurt. Its just goods belongings. No one is going to kill you if you cant kill them !

6. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I don't know where you live but intruders in the US tend to carry guns........illegally obtained guns, so it makes sense to be able to protect yourself. In this country many home invaders will kill you on site, just because you saw them. Defense with firearms encompasses more than just criminals, we also have corrupt LEO's, and a corrupt government, it's getting worse all the time.....we can no longer trust those who espouse our "best interest" . Fact is, the American people are held in the same regard as cattle, and it is not a stretch of the imagination to fathom that sometime in the relatively near future we may need to take up arms to defend ourselves against an oppressive regime.

7. Zoomie

Rob's right you know. They kill just because they can, and they don't want to go to jail if they are identified.

Ya know... I'm getting really tired of agreeing with every one of you lot.

8. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Within of a space of an hour, a dove...

becomes a hawk...

Why?

Is it because, theoretically, someone might, theoretically, threaten you?

Now you can see how most human beings think with their heart rather than their mind. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does, however, make a bad formula for someone in possession of a firearm which may endanger multiple lives.

9. Zoomie

You have to remember, we're Americans. Our forefathers were kicked out of every decent, respectable country elsewhere in the world. And then they called us names, and tried to tax our tea. We have tobe able to defend our right to drink tea or we'd be absolutely barbaric, man.

10. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

damn it, you told him about the tea!!!! don't tell them that.........they'll come for it again! .........now they know the *real* reason.

11. Zoomie

Uh... oops.

12. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

yes folks for the first time in over two hundred years the Americans believe they can offend British people with jokes about the Boston Tea Party, little realising that the British have no pride in their country whatsoever.

Its not like any Brit is going to be upset, I mean the people of the uk havent waved a flag in honour for oooh must be 25 years or so. Nope its a period of transition for us where we are being led very slowly into accepting the united states of europe. Ha ha ha thats if we let them. No we dont give a shit anymore its not our history, thats the governments history.
    I still stand by this and would add my reason for saying it is that from the outside your constitution sucks as what we see is that its a selfish constitution where YOUR rights take precedence over those of your fel;low countrymen. Its all me me me, and whatever you want you gotta have at the expense of everyonelse.
    It wouldnt be so bad but you cant see that constitution is your slavery not your freedom, to win your freedom you have to over-rule overthrow that costitution in favour of a better one - start again - your society is in DEEP DEEP TROUBLE you people are in denial about something that its so evident the rest of the world can see, and the fact is that by far the biggest criticism of the usa is the selfish intollerant attitudes of usa citizens
    and the fact those angry selfish intollerant people carry guns

in short, from many conversations with europeans from the length and breadth of europe I find those criticisms to be the most prevalent. theres hardly anyone (no one infact) that i have met in europe who thinks usa is a safe happy place

13. Isil

Isil Member

Excuse me if someones already said this...I dont want to read through all the rude posts, lol >.>

Well...If America were to put a ban on guns, it wouldnt solve anything.

People will still be raised in ignorance everywhere around the country o_O In order for the violence to stop, the beliefs of many, many US citizens must change.

14. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Agreed. And the best way to change the US citizens, so that it is fair on "all" members of the public, is by tightening regulations regarding ownership of firearms. That way you reduce the chance of massacres occuring in public places such as schools, and diners.

15. Burn1down1984

Burn1down1984 Member

If I want to own guns for my own protection (whether from the gov't or some crackhead) thats my choice. No body should be able to tell me what kind of gun I can own to do this. Your rights end where mine begin right? If anything the big debate resulting from this should be about the early warning signs that this nut showed before he went ape shit (there was alotta of em). Would've solved the problem without having the gov't or pussies like you anti-gun people trying to take my guns because they make you uncomfortable. Just trying to keep whats mine....mine :)

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yet you are unable to explain how, by "tightening regulations," that will reduce masscres when historically gun crime rises with increased legislation.

You talk like these massacres are a weekly occurance.

17. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

yes take all the guns away and only let the nazis republicans or the extreme liberals nazis rules . and dont call the cops when you need them little boys and girls!.

18. Isil

Isil Member

"Having flung aside the sword, there is nothing except the cup of love which I can offer to those who oppose me."
    ---Gandhi

Note: No guns doesnt equal no defense.

19. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

Gandhi my ass the police state we live today in would gobble you in . buy a gun things are getting very unstable.

20. Isil

Isil Member

:'(

Im trying to offer some morals here, lol.

All anyone talks about these days are politics which are insanely complex >.>

And then people argue, and argue, and argue, and insult, and nothing is accomplished.

Well...Gandhi says (xD):

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

The idea that violence is progressive is delusional o.o Sure, you can free a nation with war...but that war will leave scars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.