Gun ownership itself is a slight mental illness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Aug 3, 2019.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The real issue is yo want a flash suppressor and you don't care about people dying in mass shootings as long as you get one.
    You have no understanding of how a crime scene can be investigated and no understanding of how anyone could ever prove anything about a mass shooting as it isn't repeatable and isn't subject to controlled conditions. We can't take this particular shooting and re-stage it with guns sans flash suppressors to see if there is a difference in the numbers of deaths. So you would err on the side of flash suppressors, so that you can have one. I would err on the side of dead people.

Further, if I supply another use of a flash suppressor in a shooting, you will ask for at least one more, so why bother? It's called "moving the bar".

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Is that why that guy had surveillance cameras set up? Were they piped into CNN or somewhere to show the police where he was?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There have been so many shootings. If I missed one that used some sort of stealth it's my mistake. Most of them just walk in and start shooting. Cameras are the same idea as a suppressor.

4. Henderson

Henderson Banned

No. The real issue is that you believe my ownership of a flash suppressor means that I don't care about people dying in mass shootings. You're hysterical, and I don't mean hysterical in a ha ha way. The flash suppressors on a few of Paddock's rifles did nothing to increase the deadliness of his attack. And I seriously doubt that you can provide any instance in which a flash suppressor caused a mass shooter or murderer to be more effective in their intent.

I'm sure you keep up with mass shootings, and would be the first to know exactly which elements involved in the event were the most detrimental to the victims. I'm kind of guessing that by now you realize how silly it is to hold up a flash suppressor as a cause for anything other than ridicule.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. Henderson

Henderson Banned

He's still talking about the Mandalay Bay shooting. Paddock shot a security guard in the leg through the door six minutes before he started the shooting. Stealth was not a concern.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. onceburned

onceburned Banned

why these paranoid people keep twisting words around? . people who are scared of a gun are the ones in need of special help......

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You once said your solution to the immigration crisis is just to start shooting them.
    And I'm not twisting your words around, I remember it very clearly because it was such a fucked up thing to say.
    (Source: the thread about the camps at the border)

People like you who own guns are precisely why other people are scared of guns. Guns dont kill people but crazy people who own guns kill people. And there's a lot of people like you in the world that I dont trust a bit. I'm not afraid of guns but I am afraid of homicidal people with easy access to weapons that allow them to be the cowards they are.

Tyrsonswood and parua like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There needs to be a ban on crazy people who own guns.

Mallyboppa and WritersPanic like this.
  9. Bingo!

10. unfocusedanakin

Isn't the whole point of a gun fear? Like if someomne breaks into my house don't I want them to run away from fear of my gun. I want people to fear what happens if you pass laws on my guns. It's why we will not pass laws right?

I think you mean I feel I am a man since I have a gun and am offended by men who see it for what it is. And that is a killing machine. It is built so life ends be it a deer or man.

Nothing wrong with fearing the men and culture who put others in danger for their own fears.

I've heard all this macho bullshit. Some man 8 inches shorter then me saying I am a women since I don't go to the range. :tearsofjoy:

I don't know maybe Napolian little man syndrome is real. Most of these hardcore militia guys are not that large. So they get into weight training and shooting. Some large guys too to be fair.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A lot of them are quite large... around the waist.

12. unfocusedanakin

[​IMG]

Is this taking all guns? No, it's reasonable.

I would emphasize the insurance part. A Ar-15 is a greater cost yearly than a pistol due the risk of injury and medical bills. Just like a Corvette is more expensive to insure than a Corolla. Numbers wise the Ar-15 is involved in more crazy shit as the owners like the car get it to do crazy shit. This means the medical bills happen more often and at higher costs.

In this way a gun owner is now accountable for his community. I know personally with cars if you go a meet and someone does stupid shit everyone will kick them out and say "this is why we pay so much in insurance you will hurt someone".

Make that happen at the range too. Don't let them into your "safe" community.

hotwater likes this.
  13. onceburned

onceburned Banned

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That sounds reasonable to the average person but gun owners are a different breed and feel it impinges upon their privacy.
    They don’t want the government to know how many guns they have for various reasons, especially members of the alt-right Sovereign Citizens Movement who believe they alone decide which laws they will obey.

15. unfocusedanakin

Exactly

That's why they don't ask for any gun laws of reform in good faith. At the heart of it they need guns for war. So it's a not a wise war strategy to tell the people you plan to kill who has guns. Some gun owners are more open with this, some insist it's for hunting. They hate the goverment and most people who are not white and Christian simple as that. They hate it when a Republican is in office, they are ready for war if they are not. A Republican calms them a bit. Others give them fantays of blood shed. They can get what they want since they are strong and everyone else does not have a gun so where is their strength? I heard this threat so much with Obama.

They ask for gun reform and mental health checks since it's not possible with their philosophy. They see it as a way to fool outsiders. A lot of gun culture that I was around was the idea that you can trick anti-gun people. That since they don't use guns they are too stupid to get the real goal of the 2nd ammendemt and to not understand how easy gun ownership is.

When a shooting happens they say it's insensitive to talk gun laws and that laws already exist. It's a way for the goal post to be forever moved. They too have a political goal after a shooting and that is no new laws. And most important that goal/idea that you are too stupid to understand. So they get everything they want and you think you get what you want. Since I will never buy a gun I will never figure out how it works. I just trust what gun owners tell me when they say it's super hard they swear. They honestly think this will work.

16. onceburned

onceburned Banned

if the government has guns, we have guns. there is no way to trust a government that has ALL the power.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

if you think your guns will be a match for the government, you're crazier than I thought.

18. unfocusedanakin

99.9% chance you can not pass SEAL training even if you enlist and get trained which most of these militia types won't do. Who do you think is coming for you?

Where is your bio-weapons or nukes? Two things that by the the way my militia wanted to own. Everyone has a nuke in their own home and this means everyone is too afraid to use it. We had a long discussion one night about the law in the 80's that made machine gun ownership require a permit.

This was the first step of many to no guns. It was a step towered taking the power of the military away from people.

It's no longer 1800. I have a good friend who was a Marine SEAL. He's very proud of America but from he tells me his people are ready. You have the illusion of the 2nd amendment since it's the wisest military move. No one has to die and they make it clear you can't win you will try. There is really no point unless more white right wing people get cute. Which at this point they are. You are not going to get an old school war. You are getting SEALS in your house that you never see coming.

19. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I was responding to your opening statement; "Extreme fear and paranoia are why one owns a gun. The intense fear that if you don't have one someone will hurt you. We need to accept that the nature of these emotions means gun owners are often not the most mentally stable people. The most dangerous will like this community and the sense of power it gives them". In your statement there was no allowance for hunting, just the statement that "Extreme fear and paranoia are why one owns a gun" and I was just pointing out that it was very bad generalization and probably doesn't even apply to most who own guns.

As for this; "Hunting is also for most Americans not needed anymore", except for BB and pellet guns I have never own a gun but recently purchased both a 22 hand gun and a 22 rifle, not out of "Extreme fear and paranoia", unless you believe thinking that this economic system we have could easily collapse (In 2008 the world economy faced its most dangerous Crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s) and I might need to take up hunting to feed myself, to be "Extreme fear and paranoia".

onceburned likes this.
  20. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

These generalization are hurting your argumentation.
    I have a gun for hunting.
    I do not keep a loaded gun in the house.
    If someone "breaks into my house" I'm not going to say "please wait right there while I load this gun".
    Yes, out of fear of them having a weapon (gun, knife, baseball bat or just bigger and stronger than me) I'm going out the backdoor to a neighbor's house and calling the police.

21. You do remember that the Second Amendment isn't there only to ensure home safety, yes?