Gun ownership itself is a slight mental illness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Aug 3, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Extreme fear and paranoia are why one owns a gun. The intense fear that if you don't have one someone will hurt you. We need to accept that the natrue of these emotions means gun owners are often not the most mentally stable people. The most dangerous will like this community and the sense of power it gives them.

If you went a psychologist with these issues they might medicate you. This is why many gun owners don't. There is a fear if they talk about guns the system and the Dr. (who is a college liberal) will take their guns. That field will pay attention to irrational fear. It's something people like schizophrenics will have, Not to say a gun owner is 100% of the time a schizophrenic.

For example we have an average gun owner in a small town where crime is very low. A small town with low crime is where the person who owns 20 guns is most likely to live. The person most into gun culture. The person who argues he needs a bump stock.They find the city's unsafe and scary. Yet despite all the statistics of their home town they will insist tomorrow someone is going to come for them.

I have known some nice gun owners but every single one I've known who went hardcore into was full of fear. And they were also the kind to make "jokes" we will call them about using the guns in legally wrong situations. Not like a home invasion but to threaten someone who annoys you. Like one person I am thinking of told his neighbor to stay off his grass or he "would get his AR". This same man also came to the door with a shot gun when I picked his daughter up.

What is the idea there? it's that I am meant to fear you since you are ready to kill me. This would imply this man will break the law for his own emotions. I am not stealing from him I just might put my penis in his child.

For all the gun community prides itself on what they call logical and safe gun ownership the same community encourages this kind of attitude. They see the gun as something that anti-gun people will fear. So the idea that one comes off as a "crazy" person is good to them. During prom season have a look on Facebook you will find 100's of picture of a father with a gun smiling as its pointed or simply in the picture of a girl and her date.

Until the gun community which is a political community polices itself they will have mass shootings and the public at large moving closer to laws they will not like.

Ajay0, stormountainman and Flagme15 like this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Cops are racist pigs, the military is evil and oppressive, but they're the only ones who should be allowed to own guns though. Am I right?

3. Rarely is the reason one owns a gun fear and paranoia. It's totally more a macho, how-to-be-a-man thing. And most are relatively responsible with their guns. I say that with a grain of salt, because they're mostly a bunch of dare devil dopes as well.

Asmodean likes this.
  4. But they're not about to go shooting anything up. In fact, they are the most ludicrously happy among us. Just my opinion, but they're too dumb to get depressed.

5. No guns for me, too dangerous

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, you're wrong--on all three counts.

7. unfocusedanakin

European gun laws. Which yes means that many of the guns the average American owns are for the military only. You can own a gun in many European nations.

You having an issue with that would suggest you wish to make war with those people and wish to have war guns.

My point is the gun community acknowledging the dangers of how people see "freedoms" and how people see them differently. When is the right time to use a gun? When is a war? That kind of thing. And you take it to mean I want all guns gone. I think this is part of the issue. The culture is so macho and afraid of ANY outsiders or honest discussion so they refuse to.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Ajay0 likes this.
  8. People own guns because people may need to protect themselves sometime. I can obtain a bow, and shoot flaming arrows if I cared to. I'm willing to bet that most of us have had to fight some time in our lives. It is human nature to protect one's self, and it is in our nature to create. We created gunpowder, we created swords. We have used fire as a weapon. War will never end, and evil will never die. It is the nature of our realm. We can do much to affect change, but everything has its results from a pool of myriad possibilities. We're like the serpent who chases its own tail.

One should consider that our police departments are armed to the teeth with death inducing zap guns, and our Second Amendment was written solely for the purpose of a militia to keep the State in order.

But it is my right to own a gun
    As much as it is my right
    To ride the rail road

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
    bekkie likes this.
  9. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

the bigger the gun, the smaller the penis.

Thonatyhu and Mr Woosh. like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I own guns because I target shoot and I hunt.

bekkie, Eric!, JamieBurton and 2 others like this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well your thread title and most of your first post were just talking about how anyone who owns a gun has to be completely fucking nuts. so it seems like that's a fair way to take it.

12. unfocusedanakin

Did it come off like that? I did not mean nuts. Just that the state of fear they live in is a state that would be medicated if they has other issues. And that dangerous people take this fear to an extreme. A gun is personal power and protection. To crazy people this is good and sometimes they shoot up a Walmart for example. To them that is the time and place to defend America and in their mind it's the second amendment thing to do. Others would not shoot up a Walmart but would shoot something else if they personally felt it was the right thing to do.

That is gun ownership: you have the power to decide when the time is right.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  13. Serious-minded people rarely own guns. Guns are owned by people who think guns are cool because they're dangerous.

Thonatyhu likes this.
  14. unfocusedanakin

I've seen that too. There is a certain fascination with the power of the gun. It is a toy and a gun owner wants a powerful toy since he knows he can handle it. If you are afraid of this power it means you failed a test of manhood

I sort of relate with cars. You want something powerful and many car owners will find their manhood in it. If you don't get you it you don't really have a penis. At least my thing only kills someone if I crash, killing is not the actual designed purpose.

JamieBurton likes this.
  15. I think all the worlds guns should be melted and made into a giant paint brush. With one stroke of this brush it wipes away all the tears of humanity that have been killed by stupid guns

Thonatyhu likes this.
  16. unfocusedanakin

No need to melt them. We can all just simply place our finger in the barrel of a gun and it can not fire. We have 10 fingers do they have 10 guns? I don't think so they can only hold 2.

I'm an engineer trust me it will work.

Rahab likes this.
  17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

People can own guns for a variety of reasons, including hunting or self-defense. In Southern culture, it's about rite of passage, father-son bonding. Assault weapons are another story though, and the resistance to background checks is mentally ill.

18. You call it a "penis"? Why? It's such a small-sounding, wimpy word to use for that. Call it something that shows some self respect man.

19. unfocusedanakin

The smaller the cock the bigger your glock.

Thonatyhu, Mr Woosh., lode and 4 others like this.
  20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Cops and soldiers can be held accountable by a civilian government administration. Their use of force must be clearly defied and regulated. I support civilian oversight boards with subpoena /arrest powers over police agencies, in each state. The problem today is white nationalism and the inadequate police control of it. The white nationalists are using insurgency tactics to kill unarmed civilians from racial groups which are hated by the white nationalists. They should be targeted by police and have their guns confiscated.

Flagme15 likes this.