Gun ownership is MAD?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Sep 1, 2006.

1. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

You Know Earth Was Peacefull Until Man Invented The Gun , Before Guns People Loved Each Other , Those Stories About The Romans,greeks, Vikings, Mongols ,jews,african Tribes Are All Lies . No Man Ever Kill Each Other Until The Gun Was Invented,

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

The liberating protective benefits of gun ownership:

[​IMG]

3. mandell

mandell Banned

Whoa! Look at all these "bleeding hearts" and "gun-control freaks" suddenly shocked at the recent violence at VTech.

Not until a bunch of local college kids got killed in a school shootout did you hypocrites start clamoring for gun control, yet all the while, for the past 4 yrs., Bush and the military occupation has caused the deaths of more than 100,000 Iraqis.

Let's face it, America is a violent country.
    The generation that was raised during the Columbine massacre is graduating.
    I think, you better keep your guns.

4. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

There is two good sides to this debate and it just comes down to not giving a gun to someone who is not mentally capable of handeling it.Someone with an attitude or suicide mission will find a way to do his dirty work be it by gun or knife or brick or strangulation. I have survived 57 years having been held up several times at gunpoint and still I never ran out to buy a gun. I am not a hunter-I believe hunters have a legitimate right to own guns but why automatics?-These small things are killing machines-no good for hunting- the semiauto as well-why are they even needed?-Just asking?

5. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

No Dirk-You misundertood me-I ment to say that hunters had every right to own rifles-but why would ANYONE need a semi or full auto?-I like the new Australian law-I think it serves everybody-hunters have weapons but handguns are not allowed except for law enforment or military-It's the rapid fire weapons doing damage -the drive- bys and the suicidal fools all seem to love that gun-I believe everyone has the right to protect themselves and their families but the laws are way too lax and any idiot with a drivers license can own one -As long as he is not a felon -his mental history never even comes into play-the patient-Dr. privelage stops a gunshop from getting that info on a potential walking crime wave-his past mental problems in the past never even surface ' and as long as he has no felonies he's good ta go-too easy IMO-I think the whole big gun debate would calm down in this country if tighter laws and regulations were put in place to keep the guns from the unbalanced-I cannot own a gun because I had a fight 10 years ago with a guy renting a room in my house-he would'nt leave or pay rent-We got into it -I went to jail and he got free rent for the next month and I cannot own a gun-It was labeled a domestic dispute even though it was a dude-Thats ok though-Had I had a gun no telling what would have happened-He had alot of them there-

6. Pepik

Pepik Banned

I don' think that's true, i think you can lose your right to buy a gun if you are declared mentally unfit.

One problem is that private gun sales skip the whole checking process completely.

7. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

You would most likely not pose a risk but there are too many idiots that would-I just think tighter controls should be put in place-For people that use these for competition' thats fine-they can be screened for mental problems etc.-allowing people with mental problems to get their hands on the weapons- seems to be the real problam. I have no problem with self protection or hunting' as long as the right people are using the weapons. On the news right now we have some new guy with a gun at the NASA space center-OMG-Here we go again!-

8. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Its over-he took himself and one other guy with him-whata rat!-he was using a 38-

9. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

The idea of who is "allowed" to buy guns and who isn't is pretty much a wasted effort. You can buy a gun about anywhere. And if they were too much more regulated than they already are, you could STILL get one about anywhere... Yea, we lost our guns to the police. Stolen for all intents and purposes. They even neglected to give us a reciept. A deer rifle and a 22. My old man just recently got full disability for a mental condition. Well, if we wanted more guns it would take us about 2 hours and we could have all we wanted...
    They say if guns were to be criminalized, only criminals would have guns. But that's not true. Yea sure, the criminals would have guns, but so would thousands of regular citizens who had the foresight to stash some away for a "rainy day". Remember the good old boy rednecks and the southern Baptists, and the NRA folks? What about all those fiercely independant farmers and hillbillys and survivalists? THEY'LL all have their guns too. Oh yea, and the police, who would most likely be happy to gun down any offenders...

10. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

IN CAPS = WHY RETARDED PEOPLE STILLS MENTIONS FULL AUTOMATICS <---I THINK THATS WHAT THEY MEAN WITH HUNTING? ARIZONA IS THE ONLY STATE THAT ALLOWED FULLY AUTO FOR HUNTING ! . and im not sure they even still do.

11. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

After almost a decade of gun debates people still cant tell apart a semi auto from a selective fire full auto gun . After this shooting that was done with a semi auto pistol using the 10 round magazine not the 15 /17 . The media got again on the same bandwagon like they did during the clinton era . They mention high capacity magazines "they were not used in this shooting the shooter simply carry more magazines" they mention assault rifles = Number 1 not even a clone was used . number 2 a semi auto version is not a assault rifle . TOTALLY AMAZING THE DUMBED DOWN POPULATION SUCKS IT ALL UP.

12. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

The real fact is very few wana be Assault rifles are used in crimes. they are big and bulky compared to a stolen or and cheap revolver and pistols even knives!.

13. earthmother

You're right. I know VERY FEW criminals with assalt rifles. I'm serious...

If there happened to be an ARMED REVOLUTION going on, I'd probably like one myself. For protection purposes only of course.

14. earthmother

Oh hell, I take that back. I know all sorts of criminals with assalt rifles!!! They wear badges and uniforms...

15. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

A SEMI AUTO VERSION IS NOT A ASSAULT RIFLE.

16. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

THE ONLY COPS WITH ACCESS TO A TRUE ASSAULT RIFLE ARE IN THE SWAT TEAM . THE REST OF THE COPS OWN A SEMI AUTO ONLY VERSION NO DIFRENT THAN WHAT YOU CAN BUY AT A LOCAL GUN SHOP.