gun control

Discussion in 'Protest' started by malachi35, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Well, there might be an unwritten law like you say, but it isn't legal so it would not stand up in court.

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Notice the words 'nighttime' and 'escape'.

Here's another.
    http://www.jenningscc.com/TaeKwonDo/Laws%20-%20TX.htm
    The actual statutes are easily found online but they make for tedious reading...
    [/size]

3. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 Member

That may not have anything to do with guns being illegal... or it could be the fact that in April, someone smuggled guns over - from where guns are legal - and circulated them.

Fact is, if there were no guns, there would be no gun crime. Illegalising them won't solve it all, but the more countries that make them illegal, the harder it will be for guns to be pointed and/or shot at you.

4. Broad Daylight

Broad Daylight Member

Eh?! We (Sweden) have a MUCH lower murder rate than in Finland. We're completely off the scale! Where's your logic? :eek:

5. Broad Daylight

Broad Daylight Member

It's true that English is not my first language so perhaps I can't read very well or it could be that I'm simply an idiot - but can you please explain something for me? How does one equate these three sentences ...........?

1). "In London .... guns are banned ...":confused:
    2). " ...violent crime involving guns has rose about 10% ...":eek:
    3). " ...apparently taking them (guns) away dont work ...":confused:

It's seems difficult (to me) using guns that have already been "taken away". Something in your post makes no sense but I'm sure that using one's head will solve the mystery - that the removal of guns has to really be implemented.

6. Ballad f Dwight Fry

Ballad f Dwight Fry Banned

i cant tell you dont know much about guns = a semi auto version of a ak47 is not a AK47.

7. Ballad f Dwight Fry

SINCE WHEN? Theres about 60 millions gun owner in the U.S and thats a low statistic . and thounsands of gun shops thru out the U.S . EVEN Sears AND Robuck used too sell guns. and Walmart in many states and those are not even consider a gun shop along with Hardware stores+ pawn shops+ and Gun Shows and the thousands of privately sold guns on local news paper, and even Ebay to mention a few.

8. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 Member

Speaking of guns, did anyone see these?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060214/D8FP4IAO0.html
    http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060215/D8FPH9H80.html

9. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

Violent crime went up 10% but the immigration went up by more than 10%. (ie there are more people).

Here is a statistic from the same office. 90% of violent crimes are performed by minority groups.

There are different cultures coming into london at the moment and the Bangladeshes and Somalians do not get on well together. Most of the violent crimes are Bangladeshes and Somalians battling it out amongst themselves.

I'm anti-guns but I will admit that yesterday a police woman (23 years old) got shot in Nottingham yesterday. Maybe all police should carry guns?

Then you have the incident with the poor Brazilian guy where he gets shot out of panic because of 7/7 bombings. Can't win really can you

10. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

wow! first its "guns" then its "handguns" then its "conceald hand guns" what are we talking about?? next thing youknow ittl be "you cant carry weapons of mass destruction" apparently there is a signifecant portion of the population that has never realized the difference ! a "gun" is a tool as any outher that i could kill you with! it was not desiend to kill humans alone! if you cant keep yourself from ueseing it in sutch a way dont get one! but when the cops are too far away and i come to your wifes calls or your childrens i beleive you will say thank you!! that there was someone to stop that 300lb asshole!!! i have said before i dont own a handgun! mostly becaus i can not keep it secure! but i do own a rifle and have the ability to use it to procure food if nessecary! it is loaded and sits in reach while i sleep

11. Ballad f Dwight Fry

Bingo!.

12. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

yeah so don't legalise guns..... just search all the people coming in and remove theirs.

13. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

If you're coming from outside the country, you're subject to that.

14. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

over here we called it border control. Being on an island makes that a lot easier. We search people for weapons at airports and I'm pretty sure we already search the boat loads of trucks that come over every day. Its the channel tunnel that has caused the biggest problem.

Why is a search policy at the borders illegal or even wrong. If people have nothing to hide they won't mind being searched.

15. Sealed With A Kiss

Sealed With A Kiss Banned

No is call germany post war Gestapo tactics, might as well pull out the old Nazi flag and let it wave in the wind.

16. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Nobody suggested that.

17. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

I agree one-hundred percent :)

People need to start realizing that.... life CAN and WILL go on without guns. There WAS a point and time during human's existence that guns did NOT exist. We lived without them then, and we could live without them now.

You are not going to be overthrown simply because you don't own a fucking gun :rolleyes:

18. mescalitoloco

mescalitoloco Member

The west wasn't won with a registered gun! Guns don't kill people...people kill people. Take guns away from the average citizen and you will give the government full control. What this country needs is a mass union for second ammendmant rights. Anybody that thinks gun control will be the solution should move to China or Korea or Thialand. We won our freedom thru the use of guns and force and it will take guns and force to keep it and/or win it back. If you don't like guns....get a good supply of rocks! Being Anti-gun is just the same as being Anti-American. I served this country for 11 years and fought for the right to bear arms. Change the Constitution and you might as well lower the Flag!

19. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

There was a point in time when toilets didn't exist either, but it doesn't mean society will be better if we go back to chamber pots. The middle ages, the time before guns, the time of absolute monarchies and not a single democracy on the planet. A time when there were even more wars, still murder and crime in the ciities, highway robbers, and everyone had weapons of another kind to substitute. Ironically that was a time of much less law and order.

20. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

people stop going back and forth over hunting and protection, yes those are 2 things that i think people should own guns for but the reason above is the big one, when the USA disided to turn against britian owning of any other gun then for hunting was not allowed so most people where armed with shotguns filled with bird shot and a few muskets which half the time you cant shoot a 10'X10' wall from 50 yards, with littile supplys to revolt and no military the US feld everybattle untill trenton, many men where armed with fishing pikes and pichforks, the only reason why the US defted the british was the fact that they where able to gather enough supplys from winning a few victorys untill they could get forgien aid, the ownership goes alot deeper then hunting and protection, the reason why it is part of the US constituion is because of the revolusion, when the time comes again and it will come we will have a better chance of protecting not only ourselfs but our basic human rights and belives.