Gun bump stocks banned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Dec 20, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

lol

2. Thought you could hide it did you? Your REAL intentions are obvious and the internet never forgets. Nyahahahaha!!!!

storch likes this.
  3. storch

storch banned

Alright, so I slipped up. But in my own defense, one slipup in thirteen years is as close to no slipups in thirteen years as you can possibly get.

4. storch

storch banned

It's a good thing I found that link. It saved me from going to prison when the cops knocked on my door this afternoon to ask about a missing person in the area. I also won't be going to prison for abduction, as they didn't ask to look in my shed out back.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Or in the case of the friend I mentioned do you live in an apartment complex? If you do your bullet might go though a wall and hit a WW 2 veteran in his kitchen.

There are also several examples of parents shooting their own kids since they come home and don't expect anyone to be there. So the noise the kid makes is answered with a gun shot as soon as the door is kicked open. To me it's the gun owner mind. You prepare so long for that moment you make these mistakes.

All the gun owners I have known did not see it as a worst case scenario. They talked about how and why they would shoot often. They hoped someone would try them.

KerrBear likes this.
  6. storch

storch banned

That's a blanket statement. It's your attempt to put every gun owner in a bad light. It's not working.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

torrance-gable-house-bowl-shooting-today-but-nobody-talking-about-it.

I figured out the code-I figured out the code.. :D

8. storch

storch banned

But you're somebody . . .

9. I had to consider that as well. Since I live in the woods, all manner of critter can find access to the house and property. If I was inclined to shoot, I don't want a round to bounce off the plumbing and injure someone.

So I have some spalling rounds that won't penetrate drywall as well as rat shot. The first bang sends them running. Same as most thieves, oddly enough.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

I am just a squirrel.. :(

McFuddy likes this.
  11. storch

storch banned

But you and I both know that squirrels are way more interesting and quicker than humans. I was a squirrel in training; would have graduated last October, but fell out of a tree and lost my tail.

Now all the other red squirrels
    Always laugh and call me names.
    They never let this poor squirrel
    Join in any squirrelly games.

scratcho likes this.
  12. unfocusedanakin

Well your passion in this thread proves my point.

If gun ownership and the "right" to kill with them was something you were not prepped to do you would present all the questions and arguments you have.

Your choices lead to my statement. When push comes to shove they will die before you.

One of my best friends owned guns. I shot them. I am NRA certified although that is meaningless when it comes to owning the guns. I think you need some stereotypes of me to be true as well. The system is against you in your own mind.

I think the issue is I understand guns enough to see where gun owners deceive. Every community does it so outsiders don't catch on. Like for me personally I will lie about the real use and motivations of many things I buy since I like the legal loopholes.

So much of the gun culture is saying "you don't own them. You don't know what I know so don't dare make laws". I do know.

13. storch

storch banned

Perhaps you could rewrite your second sentence, as it makes no sense. And since I assume you believe it explains your first sentence, you should make it a priority.

Anyway:

unfocusedanakin said: To me it's the gun owners mind. . . . They hoped someone would try them.

Storch said: That's a blanket statement. It's your attempt to put every gun owner in a bad light. It's not working.

unfocusedanakin said: Well your passion in this thread proves my point.

What you tried to do there (but failed) is to paint my participation in this thread as a passion for guns. You're still trying to put every gun owner in a bad l light. And once again, it's not working.

What really happened here is that you became so passionate about bump-stocks that you opened a thread about them. And it took you no more than three posts to turn it into a recommendation for gun confiscation in America.

Here is that portion of your third post:

The black market for guns would dry up without Ameirca. You can't cite it as a reason why you need a gun. It's a situation you create that is controlled better with gun confiscations.

If you make provocative statements, don't pretend to not understand the reason for others' responses.

14. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

What's the big deal? The NRA gave permission for the ban on bump stocks long before it ever happened.

I don't see it as a major line. But to each their own.

15. unfocusedanakin

If it's not major why are gun owners suing to get it back? Why is is that for about 15 or 20 years now the bump stock has been debated and gun owners will not budge? It's clear that they see a use in the bump stock and the beginnings of laws changing. So they must fight it now.

My personal opinion they say it's not a big deal so they don't have to not "win" against the anti-gun crowd There is a lot of dishonesty in the group. I noticed when they deal with someone who they view as an outsider they flat out condescend and lie about guns. All for the purpose of hoping you don't really get what and how they want and why they want it. So the solution is to say "does not matter I don't even care you would get that if you owned guns". Lol yeah right.

The gun owner knows this is a huge blow. As time goes on little by little the battle goes in the the wrong direction. They are not gaining anything they loose it. Like 40 years ago full auto weapons are no issue now they are. There are several cities that ban the Ar-15 again not the case a decade or two ago. Now it's bump stocks which do serve a purple in combat. Of course you can easily make your own and fire with one pull of the trigger. But that is not as ideal. The bump stock was designed for a purpose and it did that job well now it can not.

Hysterical to me that they are depending on big goverment to ask for the thing back they need to fight the goverment. It kind of proves the futility of gun ownership.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  16. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

The only lawsuit that I've heard about is only suing for compensation -- essentially saying that the government needs to buy bump stocks from people instead of making them give up their property for nothing.

Bump stocks have only been debated for about a year.

There was no refusal to budge. The NRA gave the government permission to implement this ban. And the government did not take action until after the NRA gave them permission to do so.

Nah. The government stayed within the confines of what the NRA gave them permission to do.

Actually thanks to Kavanaugh (who was picked for the Supreme Court because of his exemplary writings on the right to have assault weapons), the US Supreme Court is going to start striking down unconstitutional gun laws again.

They are???

Justice Kavanaugh will be striking down these laws soon enough.

Can you show a single instance of any military anywhere in the world using bump stocks in any way?

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Kentucky law addresses the justifiable use of force in KRS 503, which says a person has a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm when another person enters a home or occupied vehicle. Kentucky law says deadly force can be used when that person is in fear of death or great bodily harm. Personally, I'd rather have to defend myself in court than risk being dead, but that's just me.

18. storch

storch banned

Me, too.

Florida has the same deadly force law.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

20. unfocusedanakin

They do not need a bump stock since they have full auto weapons. The purpose of a bump stock is to cause a semi-auto to fire in a more automatic way. You want this because the average gun owners is already very out gunned.

As for your hopes on Mr. I like beer. He is not going to last long enough to make an difference.