Guitars !

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Mallyboppa, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Tell us all about your Guitar / or guitars
    Watched this ( I have a Martin 0028 ) When joan plays the first chords of "diamonds and rust " I just wanna cry !

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There's a few in the corner...

[​IMG]

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I just bought a brand new Ibanez Gio. It's not a great guitar but it's functional. And it's got a locking trem which my Yamaha Pacifica didn't.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I found that my Les Paul Studio was way too heavy. I also had issues with the guitar being in tune unfortunately. It was a made in the USA Gibson guitar. But all guitars are like that. One will have tuning issues and another will not. I downgraded to a Fender Squier Stratocaster. I'm happy with the current situation, with one caveat: two or three (i forget) of the tuning keys are a little loose such that when you turn them they take a second to grab the thread or whatever. I had it looked at in Guitar Center and don't think there's much I can do about it. Anyway, I'm satisfied for the most part. :)

It looks something like this [​IMG]

Mallyboppa likes this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

When I inherit Buckingham Palace and the Crown Jewels, I might try and get the Alex Lifeson Gibson Les Paul. Delusions of grandeur? No. I am grandiose.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

About my guitars, hmmm..... I generally rely on the double-locking system, I like non-glossy necks, not too fat but not too thin. Generally a rosewood fretboard kinda guy. Neck and bridge humbuckers with a coil tap switch combination is a must, high pass filter function preferred. Light weight would be a definite plus. I have five guitars like that, but I also have other ones that don't fit that profile.

7. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Since I got my Fender Steve Bailey Jazz Bass I am all about asymetrical . The thinner part under the upper strings is super comfy under the hand and fits the natural contour better.

C/S,
    Rev J

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Thought All Your Guitars Were Lost In The Fire...??...:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Except for a few these are cheap replacements for those irreplaceable handbuilt guitars... A couple in this picture are quite burned yet still serviceable.

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

My Gio was my favorite until I got an American Tele, No locks though. I think I'll put down the tele for a while and go back to the Gio, just for S&G's. I got a 5 stand for X-mas. I'm only going to use it for my acoustics, Breedlove 12 string, Guild and Dean acoustic electric. I also have a 1959 truetone, a squire strat, and a epiphone les paul. Now I have two stands I can use for my mandolins.

11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

14. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

15. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

16. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

musical instruments 017.jpg musical instruments 018.jpg musical instruments 007.jpg and I've got a new Breedlove 12 string acoustic/electric, a new Ibanez acoustic/electric mandolin, and some more PA speakers that I haven't taken pictures of yet. But can't find people to get serious enough to play more than once a month.

If you click on a pic it will enlarge.

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Whoa... too much Rjhangover! Lol. You have soo much equipment! :grinning:

rjhangover likes this.
  18. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

There is fantastic gordon smith guitar for sale near me ! so I did a search and got this

Ged likes this.
  19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I still have my first electric guitar which I borrowed from a friend and never returned. It was a Westone "Spectrum", nicknamed the "Cesstone". He had painted a logo of our fictional death metal band "Infantacide" on the back. I haven't played it for years, but I lean it up in a corner of the room as a weapon to repel any potential intruders.

It's something like this. I reckon I'd get about £15 at an exchange store for it:

upload_2018-3-11_5-30-47.png

20. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I have a '93 Fender Strat Plus.

I'm in the market for an Ibanez AM93. The one I want is out of stock right now, though. I might go with an AM73, although I'd probably have to upgrade the pickups.
    [​IMG]