guitarists

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by killswitchjd, Feb 5, 2009.

1. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

Im having alot of trouble with my floyd rose floating tremelo.... mainly the settings for the springs and along with that the tuning ect... anyone have any simple but important tips? its pissing me off, I got so close but one string was too far out of tune so I retuned it and all 3 above it (4,5, and 6) went out. fuck

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

3. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

Should've made this a do you play guitar or other instruments poll.

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

You should search for one or make one.:)

5. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

ya ive been watchin youtube on it and looking at websites, still its like a fucking art to get the damn thing perfect. Im just gonna mess with it I guess and hope it works out. Oh and its on an ibanez rg5ex1

6. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

get the springs as tight as you can still allowing enough postive flex on the bridge. Tighter springs = better tune retention generally. and when you start tuning go from the largest string to the smallest... low to high e. each string you tune go back to the low e and make sure it's in tune... so low E... A... low E again, A again, D... low E again, A again, D again... etc.

7. MarcoWasRight

MarcoWasRight Member

What will you be tuning to and what gauge strings are you using? I'm just going to assume you are tuning to standard and are using .009-.046 strings. I've seen some people get away with 3 springs but most people add another spring. Getting the Floyd to be level with the body can take a few tries. I usually give each tuning peg a turn or two then move on to the next and so forth, raising the pitch fairly evenly. Once you get close to your desired tuning, check to see if the Floyd is level with the body. Make slow adjustments with the screws that hold the springs and then retune. Make sure you have a digital tuner when you fine tune it for the last time. Bring the pitch of each string up just a little bit. I usually back out the small adjustment screws on the bridge a little more than halfway out. Tune just a little flat of your desired tuning and then use the fine adjustment screws.

8. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

ah good, i didn't know you were supposed to do that but that's how I've always done it