Guitar Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Jude96, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I never sell my guitars... That way I have no idea how many I own.

2. konk500

konk500 Guest

Back to the original post ... Yeah, I tend to agree. As long as I'm not getting rained on! ha :rolleyes:
    Been doing it for 40+ years in fact.

MidtownMind and Jude96 like this.
  3. I play my acoustic every day. The fingers on both my hands have the callous. Picking is fun. I can't seem to figure out a lick of theory but I spose it doesn't matter too much cause I have a good ear for learning tunes & I incorporate what I want into whatever song I play. I'd still like to know what it is I'm doing that sounds so nice, but to me it's like trying to read a 13th century alchemical tome. I like playing lots of folk & blues, so it's all the same few chords any way... C F G Oh Lord

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Nito... Learn the modes!!! :eek:

:)

There's no bigger favor you can do for yourself for playing lead than learning the modes,

tjr1964 and Pepper! like this.
  5. TonyH

TonyH Members

Yes. I think Sir Paul did sometime.

6. soulcompromise

Pat
    [​IMG]

tjr1964 likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

blue please.

8. soulcompromise

9. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I only play acoustics; I’ve never once played an electric guitar (and never owned one, obviously). I did buy my son a bass guitar for his birthday this year, because he said he wants to learn.

I have five Martins, soon to be six (should be arriving sometime next week)- and a Kremona classical, and a Yamaha, and then a no-name Chinese made thing that actually feels and plays really, really nice.

Built a couple of new rooms onto the house a year ago or so, and one of them is my guitar room. Practice space, hang-out; I enjoy it, a lot.

10. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

F9691528-7242-4E25-A402-0AB9C5D99513.jpeg

tjr1964 and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I got rid of all the guitars I wasn't playing last year on Reverb.com. I'm now down to one electric (an Ibanez AM93), one acoustic (a Yamaha LS6), and a cheap Ibanez bass. It's all I need right now since all I do is play to jam tracks and do a little recording, but mostly just jam by myself through the computer with headphones on. I play the electric so I don't bother anybody — especially if I jam to In Memory of Elizabeth Reed for two hours. :D

TonyH and MidtownMind like this.
  12. TonyH

TonyH Members

I'm with you . i don't have enough time or room for extra instruments. I have what i need for recording some songs.

Idlewild likes this.
  13. tranquilbeing

tranquilbeing Newbie

Loving sitting around with my acoustic. I’ve owned both acoustic and electric and while I love some electric music I now solely play acoustic. Something about it just speaks to my soul.

14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

A lot of people do say that :) I like the sound...

16. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Cant go wrong with a looper pedal if youre by yourself

~Zen~ likes this.
  17. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I've been playing guitar since 1978, got a Beatle bass in 1977, then I got a Memphis Strat copy and a Reel to Reel tape machine and started learning my favorite music , verbatim.
    Since then, music became my life .

18. Lespaulgui

Lespaulgui Members

I played bass, back in the 60's, couldn't afford a Hofner, but my old Beatle Bass still hangs on my wall.

19. Lespaulgui

Lespaulgui Members

I keep wondering what the learning curve is on the looper. I've only tried to use mine a few times, and can';t quite get it into syncing the way it should. I was inspired a few years ago at an Ed Sheeran Concert. He, I felt was the King of Loopers. Of course, at 72, the looper isn't my only challenge now. Lol.

20. Lespaulgui

Lespaulgui Members

In my opinion, the acoustic has such a great sound. I have a Gibson Les Paul, I love it and a Martin Acoustic, only problem I'm having now, is the neck on the Martin is just slightly larger, so I feel I can play the les Paul much better. Wonder if a luthier could trim the neck down a little. I think it would be divorce if I bought another acoustic, like a Taylor or something. I have an Ovation, it's neck is ok, but keeps slipping while standing and playing, even with tape. Lol.