Grumble Grumble and one more Grumble.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, Jan 28, 2005.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I am just grumbling to myself because it is annoying and confusing when someone tells you all the time about how they love everything about you, but say that they don't actually love you.

I wish I had a class to go to so that I could think about something more worthwhile. I need to start training myself to have deeper thoughts.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Is that what your boyfirend tells you?

How could he not love you?!

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Aw, that's sweet Gary. But that is what he says to me and he seems to be managing quite well in the not loving me department :p

Sometimes, my personal opinion is that he does love me and that he is just deluding himself that he doesn't, but maybe I'm just vain. People sometimes have a hard time understanding why someone else doesn't love them.

4. seamonster66

hmmm.

Go on a short hiatus from him...see how long it takes before he is dying to see you. I think thats when you feel love the most, when the person isn't around.

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Sometimes guys freak out when the word love comes into play. It seems to mean "forever" to them and they get all scared.
    I say just ride the wave, and whatever happens, happens. :D

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

wanna trade? I will deal with yours if you deal with mine.......

7. seamonster66

true on the forever thing, both men and women alike get fear of commitment like that.

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, our problems actually started because we hardly saw each other for a month because I was on winter break. He actually tried to break up with me, but I told him "No". :p

But then last weekend I went to San Fran and when I got back I could tell that he had really missed me and now he's being really sweet. And he told me that I was the whole world to him and all this other stuff but still doesn't say that he loves me, so now I am just more confused. But I am just going to go with the flow.

Ah well, my first relationship is at least interesting....

9. alex714

alex714 To the Left

castrate the bastard

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

well, would you rather he lied to you? if that's how he feels, that is how he feels. :(

11. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

do you actually love yourself at all?

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

WTF?!

Yeah, you are completely right Trish. I am glad that he respects me enough to tell me what he is really feeling. I'm not really upset that he doesn't love me, it's not like we've been dating for years or anything and he obviously does care a great deal about me. I just wish he'd stop sending me conflicting signals. But we are working through it.

13. interval_illusion

and chrissy. and im glad that you took what i said the right way. :) i get misunderstood around here a lot.

best of luck to you. :)

14. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

It'll take time. Just like daisymae said --love is a word guys don't like to throw around-well- some guys do, but when the ones who are scared to say it finally DO say it, it's THAT much better.

15. interval_illusion

that has some truth but not a lot. maybe he doesnt know if he loves her and he's just being noble by not lying.

i think that is great altho it can hurt.

guys can say "love" just as much as girls.

16. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

he sounds like he is confused, just sit back and watch....

17. KarmaComa

KarmaComa Member

Yeah, if it hasn't been that long he may not know if he loves you or not. It takes time for those feelings to grow. Just sit back and watch like Crystalstarr said.

18. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

If you are enjoying the time you are having with one another than I say let hearing the words "I love you" slide for now.

How long have you been together if you don't mind me asking?

Like other posters here, maybe he just isn't sure yet and he's waiting till he is to tell you.

If you had been dating for years and years and he said he loves you as a person but he's not in-love with you, then I would say it's time for a break.

Here's a question for everyone...should be in the relationship forum but I'm going to ask it anyway. When a couple takes a break (speaking from my own experience) why does it seem a lil' more painful for the girl and not the guy or is it? I just remember being depressed and waisting a lot of time mopping when I would of been much happier enjoying my "free time".
    Guys do you get sobby about not being with your Lady?

19. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Hi Peanuts, long time no read!!!!!!!

20. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Hi Crummy. How have you been?:)