Grrrrrrrr....

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by MissJo, Jun 18, 2006.

1. MissJo

MissJo Member

Okay, so there's this guy, right?

He's nice, sweet, everything I want in a guy. We've been really good friends for a while now, and he always says stuff like "Hello beautiful," or before we go to bed (we usually talk on instant messenger because he's out of town alot) He tells me "Goodnight, Gorgeous, sweet dreams."

Sounds a bit like he's flirting, right?

Well, I find myself starting to fall for him. So the night before last, we get in this talk about who I like, because on some Myspace bullitin I posted forever ago, I said I liked someone in some question or something of the sort. So I decided to bulk up and tell the truth and told him I liked him. He said he was surprised to learn this, then we changed the subject.

The next night I asked him how he felt about me, and he said I was only a friend. No more. He said there would never be anything between us.

So now I'm wondering...
    a. does it seem like he's been leading me on?
    b. Why do I feel so bad about it? It's not like we had a relationship...

I don't know why he's done this.

~Jo

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

sounds like he's the kind of guy who flirts a lot, and throws out good words/compliments because it makes people around him happier

I do it too sometimes, call friends gorgeous, babe, beautiful etc. Usually my not-single female friends who know it's just me being friendly... it just makes people feel better about themselves

Don't stress about it too bad, it's something that happens to lots of folks (misinterpreting signals). Give yourself some time to get over it, but don't let it become a huge deal either because almots everyone has made a similar mitake

3. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

sounds like typical friendship talk to me

4. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Sounds like a ladies man. I guess in away he lead you on with althose comments. But you feel bad because even though you weren't in a relationship you still had feelings for him. It feels bad but you get over it in time.

Smile MissJo
    Shannon

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

hahahaha ladies man?

Guess I'm a ladies woman then
    do the same thing with friends...

6. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Yeah he sounds like the sort of guy to throw out compliments without thinking how they could be interpreted, harmlessly, in other woreds, and I think you feel so bad about it because you had feelings for him and expectations or hopes, of what could have evolved, and it didn't, so you feel disappointed and let down.

7. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Sorry to hear this. But it does happen often. I've also had problems in the past misinterpreting = (friendly) kisses, hugs, compliments. And these were pointed comments about how hot another girl was etc. When I asked him about it, he admitted that he too would have felt bad if I said and did the same things with other guys. Well?

Some people just want others to feel good - the way Ihmurria mentioned. They want to say the best thing to create the best situation even though those words may be utterly insincere and complete lies. They don't want to rock the boat yet instead choose to sacrifice their integrity and long-term friendship for what is merely the here-and-now. Total lack of foresight. Live and learn.