Growing Shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by bye-byethepound, Jun 7, 2004.

1. bye-byethepound

bye-byethepound Member

Anyone here grow there own shrooms? Is it hard to do and does anyone know any reliable websites to find kits? Help is appreciated.

2. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I'm also interested in this...I have a friend who tried to grow a couple batches but his parents got to them...bummer.

3. Duke

Duke Member

4. nesta

nesta Banned

www.shroomery.org not shroomery.com....but if i remember correctly shroomery.com just redirects you to shroomery.org.

just picked my first flush after many months of abstaining from cultivation. its not hard at all, but you don't need a kit (they're way too expensive and the ones you can get in the US usually aren't THAT much easier than starting from square one)

i'm actually waiting while my tea brews right now...today is testing day...light dose, but it was a tiny first flush...very healthy shrooms though, so hopefully next flush should be much better (second and third flushes are usually the best anyhow)

dunking today...re-casing tomorrow

5. nesta

nesta Banned

whew...that was an intense day, despite the low dosage...

i'm ready for a rest for a bit...but not from growing ;)

6. mycoguy

mycoguy Member

if you're in need of spores, I can get you hooked up for a price. I just can't send to Ohio, Georgia, or California. Spores are illegal in those states. All other states are currently legal though.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

i'm pretty sure that spores aren't yet banned here in ohio. not positive, but as far as i've heard its still just a proposed ban...

i've heard it was in the works but never heard of such a ban actually having passed, and i'm unable to find any news articles about it. they were "supposed" to become illegal this summer.

8. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

this isnt exactly on topic, but it just reminded me of something i heard on the news today.. on tuesday, a couple of counties over from me they just busted this guy who they believe to be the main supplier of shrooms.. like, evidently he ships from wichita falls (where im at) to austin.. and they found about 25 pounds of shrooms, which they said had a street value of over 11 million dollars... its the largest shroom bust ever in our area.. before today, i'd never heard of someone being busted for shrooms.. i mean, we get meth busts all the fuckin time.. but not shrooms.. it kind of blew me away.. so i just thought id share..

XoXoX - stykz

9. nesta

nesta Banned

maybe prices are extraordinarily high, but 25 pounds sold out entirely in eighths on the street would not bring in anywhere near 11 million dollars here...

10. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I know a website with one of the best and easiest method, here it is:
    www.shroomwizard.com

oh ya, I havent tried this method yet, I am gonna sometime in the summer(whenever I go out and buy some spores).

11. madboy139

madboy139 Member

yeah those prices they give are b.s. that sucks though.

12. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Whenever there's a seizure, law enforcement officialls REALLY over estimate the value. Those 25 pounds of shrooms were worth... hrm, an ounce probably $80 or so, so 16*25*80=$32,000.

I read about a DEA bust for weed that was worth 1.5 million, they claimed. I did the math, and it was worth less than a million if it was bagged as nicks. In ounces at $100 each it was worth $336,000, and since it would probably have sold for pounds... at $500-600 each, it was worth closer to $100,000.