Growing Plants

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 24, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Someone once told me: "Growing plants is more of an art than it is science."
    Or something like that.

Do any of you grow plants? If so what kind? And why?

I grow "the herb" for three main reasons.
    1. It will be safer for me because it will reduce the chance of laced bud and the possibilty of being caught by the cops.
    2. I need to make money, fast, if I want to go to Washington University in Seattle.
    3. Growing just feels so good. It could be (somewhat) compared to having and raising a child.

2. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

mmnn.. yeah.. i mean your watering and putting it places so it can grow right and then it also gives you someone to talk to.... do you name your plants? i do..

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Talking to your plants is good for them. The actual sounds and words you're making do nothing for them, but because you're breathing CO2 right over them it's like them being attached to a oxygen tank (CO2 tank actually but it's like a analogy). I name some of my plants. Once they start getting bigger than usual. Like for instance, here's Ashley :) My dad gave away our digital camera so now I can't take any more pics. :(

[​IMG]

4. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Oh my goodness, the first time I tried growing bud was one of the best experiences of my life. My little budlings were my babies. I nutured them from seedlings to leafy little guys. Unfortunately the smell made me have to get rid of them before they were anywhere close to maturing. But I would spend time with them and play them Beethoven too. They grew so healthy and strong. I kept a couple of leaves too. I would just love it if I could try again. It is an art though, that's for sure.

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

beautiful plants man

6. Erin

Erin Member

i have a little mully i just call her mully, i have a vegie garden/herb garden/cottage garden, permaculture pretty much, i love the fact the their are some people who cant grow anything no matter how hard the try and some people who can grow anything, it is an art, but more science i think if you dont have the science right then you dont have a chance to get into the art of horticture.

gardening is tops!
    yey for gardening!

7. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

One of my many secret talents is the ability to kill plants through neglect. Even seeingly indestructable things like cacti.

Still it might be nice to have a herb garden... no not those herbs. Kitchen cooking type herbs. Sage and such :)

Suprisingly for a naming freak the idea of naming plants never occured to me. Or talking to them, to me that just seem the wrong side of bonkers.

TTFN

Sage

8. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hehehe, yes......I agree with you completelly. I used to have my cactus and well, i only had to water it once/month and you can imagine that I forgot to water it for like 4 months. I guess I'm just not that good with plants, I gathered some golden daisies and put them in a vase WITH water. :D

But I believe it would be nice to have a her garden, with herbs like sage and the like. :)

And talking to plants sounds kinda silly to me, no offence!

Love,
    Borut

P.S.:Sage, what does TTFN mean?

9. kier

kier I R Baboon

hurrah for plant growing!!!

and unless you talk to your plants for along time, then it will mainly do jack shit, as the co2 from your breath won't have a great effect, though some plants may like the humidity

i grow a few bits and help out in the garden, and i study biology so have some understanding of the ways in which plants grow, operate, etc

i aggree with sage, get some herbs!!! some simple ones....

*basil
    *mint
    *parsley
    *rosemery
    *thyme
    *sage
    and any others that my lil brain ain't thinking of!!!