Ground Coffee vs Grinding Your Own Beans

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Joshua Tree, Dec 28, 2017.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Just don't try to use it as a vibrator. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i feel like this should be reversed.

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure I've gone through more than one electric grinder (usually the ones with a German name). I prefer to buy the beans and grind them in the store. The grinder is good to have on hand if someone brings you beans or if a grinder is unavailable.
    I have a variety of methods for preparing the coffee although I must say that the electric drip is the easiest. I have questions about it since I don't believe the water really comes to a full boil before it starts dripping.
    Of course, I also drink lots of tea... but that's another matter altogether :)

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Coffee should be brewed with 200 degree water... Electric drip machines have to boil the water to get it up the tube in the machine. (heating element is usually in the bottom) In a properly designed machine it cools before it get's to the drip nozzle... Some are better than others.

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I have had both and like them equally. It depends on the coffee I guess, as to if I can tell a significant difference in quality or taste.

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Tastes even better hand grinded.

7. tkm954

tkm954 sub

I have a gloria jean bean grinder I have had for almost twenty years,and I grind my coffee everyday.I drink a pot of black,everyday.Ground,to me just gets stale too fast.

8. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Can you grind the beans in a blender? A friend gave us beans, but not sure if want to get grinder if I don't want to grind all the time.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You can. I used a blender for a while until I bought a grinder. But a grinder is better.

10. etaf

etaf Members

beans are best IMHO
    i have been through all sorts of coffee makes and from my experience a burr Grinder is the preferred blender, The coffee from grinding your own Beans and makes a Huge difference to the quality of the drink
    worst grinder I used was an electric blade , made very poor coffee IMO

properly pressed and extracted makes a wonderful cup of coffee, i also drink black
    I know have a special blended coffee from a local Cafe, they blend 3 different beans together and the taste is excellent

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A nespresso
    A nespresso..

In the ghetto..