Groin hernia

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Chastityguy, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Chastityguy

Chastityguy Members

Hi guys i have a groin herniaand its not busting through so dont want to do anything yet. So who has had one there and how did you deal with it? I am on my geet all day at work and starting January will work 4 days for 12 hrs. Thanks

2. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

Oh, needs to get checked out! If you lift something heavy you will be hurting!

scratcho likes this.
  3. Chastityguy

Chastityguy Members

Doctor said wait

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had a double hernia, but I worked roofing. When I first felt one, I thought I was having a heart attack---I was on the roof doing something at the time. The pain was above the hernia and into my chest. I had the hernias fixed--one failed and it was fixed and hasn't bothered me since. I kept working various types of roofing after I had them fixed with no problems. I'm retired now, so I REALLY have no concern about them. arizonacook is correct--the more you strain--the quicker it will require repair.

5. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

My father had a scrotum hernia and dealt with it for years. His doctor had him wear a harness and too told him not to be concerned at the time. His scrotum became so large that it looked like a softball through his pants. One night I got a call at 3 AM. He was in pain. I ran him to the hospital. It had strangulation. They did emergency surgery. The surgeon said he had to put his entire intestines back in place. Unfortunately though his surgery went well, he oust away a week later because his lungs were in terrible shape. Do yourself a favor and get it repaired

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I've had a rather large hernia for 5-6 years... It can be the size of a baseball at times.

As long as my guts go back inside when I lay down I'm not going to die from it.

When they don't relax back inside when I lay down, then I guess it will kill me...

These are my two choices when poor in the US with our current healthcare system.

7. Chastityguy

Chastityguy Members

It goes down at night or if i dont do much on weekends its smaller. The doctor said kets wait so thats what will do. I need to be in a better place when or if fix it also