Greta Thunberg

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Dax, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Why so much hate, Dax... She's under your skin so bad you can't just drop it.

2. Dax

Dax Members

Where do you get this "hate "shit" from? I post realities and you post suppositions.

3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Seems to me the argument cuts both ways. Have you ever posted anything that isn't sheepishly following the right-wing line?

scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Does the same thing apply to those who push a right-wing agenda--the fossil fuel lobbyists and their paid mouthpieces. Seems to me your latest line has shifted to :"you can't fight city hall", or as the Borg say,"Resistance is Futile". I'll take Greta any day over that .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Both Ford and GM have tried to design electric trucks but the focus groups outright reject them. They can haul a load just like a 7 liter diesel engine but you can't roll coal with it and it does not have that big V8 rumble so fragile men say they will not buy them. Continuing to drive trucks like their father did is a deeply important part of their identity. It means they are free to make a choice and too smart to be lied to. Similar to voting for Trump the outrage proves to them they are the real counter culture.

Electric motors can make so much more torque than fossil fuel. They are missing out if they want to tow.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Some right wing conspiracy theorists believe she's a time traveler from the year 1898 as indicated by her photo taken in the Canadian Yukon in the late 19th Century.

She was sent to the future by satan worshiping, child molesting, democrats to get under the skin of conservatives - and apparently it worked with Dax.....lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    snowtiggernd and scratcho like this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Thunberg calls for action five years after Paris Agreement

Greta Thunberg's marked achievement and continued resilience in the fight against climate change, pollution, and global warming et al is a stark reminder that we can and must persevere in the fight to understand the earths climate, our role in it, and the fate of our species and others as it relates.

[​IMG]

Joshua Van and granite45 like this.
  8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

For those not intimidated by research based science, Science Daily has a synopsis of a research project at a university in Barcelona that examines the positive and wide ranging social benefits of the movement generated by Greta Thunberg.

~Zen~, scratcho and Joshua Van like this.
  9. blue_bird85

blue_bird85 Newbie

Well, look at this. Very little time has passed, and no one remembers her anymore. So she wasn't that big of a person. ))

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You have proof of this?

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Dream on.

scratcho likes this.
  12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I totally disagree. Sounds like something a Trump follower would say, someone who is deeply committed to climate change denial.

Are you also an anti-vaxxer?

13. ~Zen~

There is no proof of her disappearance! That's a good piece if propaganda if you ask me...

14. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hate to disillusion you matey, but you are ever so wrong, many thousands or millions of people know who Greta Thunberg is and what she has achieved in the war for ecology.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I assume you're referring to her written work "No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference?"

My only hope is she doesn't go Hollywood, and now at the age of 18 starts dressing provocatively and becomes prominent in
    national tabloid circles as a heavy drug and alcohol user

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  16. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I think she's too intelligent to "cash you ousside" lmao!

hotwater likes this.
  17. chip92

chip92 Members

We need to change the way we live to reduce the damage caused to wildlife and earth, lockdown has proved we are damaging and wildlife was being restored with clearer skies

Joshua Van, granite45 and ~Zen~ like this.
  18. Pearl^Grrl

Pearl^Grrl Members

The cynical part of me agrees with the child exploitation side of things…she’s been heavily conditioned into quite an unhealthy and scripted outpouring of emotional trauma that’s clearly been the influence of much older individuals around her..my cynicism was confirmed when she brought the book out unfortunately…she just seems like the poster child ready and naively willing for exploitation…where is her freedom to be young and carefree in all this? Regardless to the horror of our world right now, she doesn’t seem to have healthy balance…it’s sad…

~Zen~ and Very Fast Car like this.
  19. ~Zen~

You are right to wonder about the children who become "wonders" like Greta, Mozart, etc. You are correct in that many of the parents raised them to be this way.

However, she did a great job poking everyone's conscience.

Bubbles need bursting, illusions need shattering.

The one basic problem underneath all of this is TOO MANY PEOPLE on the planet. It is unsustainable, and "we" have known it for a long time.

scratcho and granite45 like this.
  20. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

O if we stop all things due to people being coerced then we will stop doing almost everything. We all know it or not are forced to do things we would be happier if we didn't. If Greats parent exploited her so be it. It is funny to me how people will say we are over populated we need to change. Then cry about the way someone is attempting to make that change. With our currant addiction to polluting practices. Most every human on earth is going to have to be coerced into changing it. But as long as we get wrapped up in worrying about 1 person over the other 8 billon we are stuck in the mud.