Greta Thunberg

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Dax, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

So watcha take on this 17 year old Swedish girl? Personally I think she's looking for her five minutes of fame. Okay so she has a following of kids around her age but what are they going to accomplish in the long run? Zilch ... Nada ... Nothing. Reason why? You can't fart against thunder and the establishment isn't gonns let a teenager dictateto them.

2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

The only thing great about this spoilt brat is that she is a great pain in the arse!

3. Dax

Dax Members

You said it dude!

4. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don’t look now, it won’t be you or me who will pay the price for fouling the earth. It will be our children and especially our grandchildren. I think Greta is appropriately horrified and has the courage to speak out.

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

For realz?

I think older people think all young people care about is phones, selfies, insta, and tiktok. Like, if you're under 30 you're too stupid to care about real life. Meanwhile a teenage girl comes along and is like "yo, let's talk about real life" and older people dismiss her. On the one hand we're all eating Tide Pods on the other we're challenging boomer group think and enacting global change
    Which is it?
    Are you laughing at gen z or terrified by them?

scratcho, ~Zen~, eggsprog and 3 others like this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They are terrified, gen z funds their pensions

7. Boozercruiser

Courage to speak out my arse.
    This child is brainwashed to the hilt, no doubt by her Mummy and Daddy.
    This child and her Mummy and Daddy will make millionaire mega bucks out of this farse, and she will never ever have to do a proper job.
    This will be a money spinner for decades, and I tell you what my friend.
    The world will go on surviving, with or without her bullshit.
    So there.
    That told you now.
    Didn’t it? :tonguewink: :smile:

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Proof?

9. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

"FaWkS NoOz ToLdEm FuRsHuR" :smirkcat:

ZenKarma, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Boozercruiser

Of course you will well be aware that I cannot absolutely prove that, but if I could then I would bet my house on it!
    In the meantime I found the below article very interesting, and of course I agree wholeheartedly with it! :

Greta Thunberg is an 'ignorant brainwashed child being abused by adults', says Corbyn's brother | Metro News

Greta Thunberg is an ‘ignorant brainwashed child being abused by adults’, says Jeremy Corbyn’s brother

Schoolgirl environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been described as suffering ‘mental abuse by manipulative adults’ by Jeremy Corbyn’s brother.

Piers Corbyn, 72, is a climate change denier and adds that listening to Miss Thunberg, 16, was ‘deranged’ describing her as an ‘ignorant brainwashed child’.

He tweeted a BBC News article about the teenager’s visit to the UK telling MPs they need to ‘listen to climate scientists’.

He said: ‘Listening to an ignorant brainwashed child is deranged. I am an actual scientist of physics Meteorology, astrophysics and climate and say @GretaThunberg is wrong and suffers mental abuse by manipulative adults.’

Piers has previously claimed that climate change is a cover up to push up fuel prices and says global warming is a hoax.

He called Extinction Rebellion protesters on Waterloo Bridge ‘deranged’ and staged a counter-protest with a banner calling carbon dioxide a ‘gas of life’.

Listening to an ignorant brainwashed child is deranged.

I am an actual scientist of physics Meteorology, astrophysics and climate and say @GretaThunberg is wrong and suffers mental abuse by manipulative adults.

Facts:#Scientists4truthWelcome@ClimateRealists

RT BBC News (UK) on Twitter

ALSO:

American rock musician and actor Meat Loaf has said that teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg “has been brainwashed” into believing that climate change exists.

The 72-year-old rock star, born Marvin Lee Aday, made the bold claim during an interview with the Daily Mail on Wednesday after admitting he’s skeptical about global warming.

“I feel for that Greta,” said the Bat Out of Hell singer. “She has been brainwashed into thinking that there is climate change and there isn’t.”

Aday continued: “She hasn’t done anything wrong but she’s been forced into thinking that what she is saying is true.”

Climate change denier Meat Loaf says Greta Thunberg is ‘brainwashed’

11. Tyrsonswood

As I figured....

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

"Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money, and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!"

"You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency. But no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that. Because if you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act, then you would be evil. And that I refuse to believe."

Greta Thunburg is awesome called those evil bitches evil right to there faces.

Entire ecosystems are collapsing...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

14. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My problem is less with Ms. Thunberg personally as it is with "activists" in general. It often feels like they have absolutely nothing better to do with their time than run around screaming their heads off demanding that others live their lives a certain way as it relates to whatever pet issue strikes their fancy.

15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I say we send the military in to protect the forests.

Ask them nicely to stop then start drone striking the logging trucks and saw mills.

16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Especially conservatives, they will create an entire police state demanding that others live their lives a certain way as it relates to whatever pet issue strikes their fancy.

Drug wars and zero tolerance and crack downs and get tough campaigns, they are horrible.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  17. Boozercruiser

You have your beliefs and I have mine.

Some people believe in God.
    But nobody can PROVE that.

Some people believe there is life as we know it on other planets.
    I am one of them, but I cannot prove that.

I stand by my original post as that is what I believe.

YOU disprove what I am saying if you can.
    Of course apart two tiny sarcastic statements in two posts, you have said fuck all really.

Some things just cannot be 100% proven, but my money is on that brats parents and big money organisations who have a stake in all this climate change fear stirring shite.

Of course the climate is changing.
    Just as it has done ever since this planet came to be.

But this down to Man?
    No No No!

Anyway.
    I agree with Jeremy Corbyns Brother.
    And Meatloaf:

Greta Thunberg is an ‘ignorant brainwashed child being abused by adults’, says Jeremy Corbyn’s brother

Schoolgirl environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been described as suffering ‘mental abuse by manipulative adults’ by Jeremy Corbyn’s brother.

18. Funny how so many ignorant idiots are telling Greta Thunberg that she's brainwashed when she isn't.

Ignorance comes with those who don't have a clue on what special interests are when somebody is on the autism spectrum.
    You are all ignorant because you see autism as a stigma.
    Those of us who are autistic see that the ignorant and the uneducated are the stigma because they seem to think that Autism is some sort of disease or germ.

You all need to grow up a bit.

19. I think you are an ignorant arsehole

scratcho, Dax and granite45 like this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Yes.... Yes it is.