Green Tea--Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kelly, May 8, 2004.

1. Kelly

Kelly Member

I read recently that green tea helps your body lose weight. Has anyone (who drinks green tea often) noticed this to be true?

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

yea, it can HELP but should be used with other means too (i.e.- balanced diet and excercise.)

3. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

I used to drink green tea everyday last year, because I had melanoma and green tea helps prevent cancer. I never noticed any weight loss, though.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

if you want to lose weight drink alot of water... I drink at least a gallon a day. Don't forget to exersize and cut out the junk though too.

5. vanilla

vanilla Member

I live in a country where people worship green tea. Well. Apparantly, it cleanses your digestive system to a degree. My friends tell me they take away oil and grease. Not all of it, or at least it helps.

I drink my tea with milk, so that doesn't help me in losing weight but I need to gain some so its ok

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

yeah, as said before, it's pretty much the water in green tea that makes you lose weight, if you drink a lot that is. If your stomach is constantly filled with liquid, even a little food can make you feel full. Its basically the same idea as the wresteler's diet. It also helps take away hunger pangs to have something in your stomach.

7. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

8. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I love green tea! Never heard about it being able to help you lose weight though..

9. Megara

Megara Banned

from what i hear..it speeds up the metabolism(A TINY BIT)...so you burn calories faster...the same thing with drinking COLD water

10. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i always see those green tea pills and it says on the bottle it is an herbal weight loss supplement so i'm guessing the actual green tea will do something for you too.

11. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

If you look at those green tea diet pills, they surely say "with proper diet and exercise" Which is the best way to effectively and healthily lose weight. Green tea is very good for you, but please don't fall for the diet pill with green tea extract scam. Diet pills are simply legalized speed.

12. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Its basically fasting and drinking lots of water so you arn't so hungry. It is used to drop weight quickly to make a lower weight class.

13. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

As far as i have learned that there is some claims for weight loss but the main thing is that it helps the emune system.Water is the safe way ,plus it is better for you.The water in the tea is the main thing.

14. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

15. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I'm a total tea fanatic-all kinds, especially gourmet-and I do drink alot of green and oolong. I have never noticed any weight loss, but there is a component in green tea called EECG that is supposed to increase metabolism. You'd probably have to drink quite a bit. There are several studies that show tea's many health benefits, though. It's especially beneficial for anti-aging and cancer prevention. Oh, and it's supposed to help in lowering cholesterol levels.

16. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

And green tea is good for your dental health, too. I work with a guy at work who said that he went to the hygenist a few weeks ago. She remarked on how for the first time in years, his teeth and gums were in extremely good health. He told her that he wasn't doing anything different, except drinking about eight cups of green tea, per day. She said that's why, green tea is great for your gums and teeth. I thought that was cool, something I'd never heard of... :)

17. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

I have also heard that it helps but you must use it in conjuction to exercise & good food! I drink green tea from www.republicoftea.com - it is the BEST green tea I have had! I slice a piece of raw ginger root and put it in the tea as I heard ( on this web site) that ginger helps metabolize. But mainly ginger is good for digestive health all together! I drink this mix 2 times a day however I use 2 tea bags cuzz I like it strong. I wonder if that is really like drinking 4 cups ?? I also leave my tea bags & ginger in the mug the entire time! I do not remove them.