green tea diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by squawkers7, Aug 22, 2005.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

My daughter is a member of another forum site....I skimmed thru the site today and found a few threads on nutrition/diets.
    Someone on that site is losing weight with green tea. They gave this website to anyone who wanted to check it out.
    www.green-tea-diet.com

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Yerba Mate works better. It enduces extreme detoxification by burning up fat stores and elimination through inducing sweating. Perhaps green tea does this as well but as someone who drank both green and yerba for years in extremely high doses on regular basis I can say for sure that yerba mate is a far higher substance spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, than green tea.

3. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I need to get some more Yerba Mate...do you just drink the loose stuff? Or do you buy it bagged? Do you put anything in it?

4. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I drink the looooose stuff and prefer the raw, unaged, unsmoked brand.
    I like to make it really strong so it is dark dark green and earthy as can be and I do not add anything to it since it has so much natural earth flavor(the raw stuff is more bitter than traditional). A splash of soy milk, honey, maple syrup, etc, is good in it though.

5. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

While I love green tea, Mate is far superior in terms of antioxidant/nutrient content AND it is sustainable. A cup or gourd a day is a much healthier habit than coffee, and can be just as enjoyable depending on how it is prepared. If you're interested, Guayaki has a rather informative website.

I hope it doesn't sound like I was trying to discount your recommendation, Sqawkers, because green tea is good and can be effective in weight loss. I used to have a cup every morning and, whether by placebo or through science, it helped me lose 15 pounds.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'd think either would work.
    I prefer hot green tea and iced matte with lemon or lime.
    I drink Mate Factor (the cult's brand, but its a damn good product)
    and usually get celestial seasonings' greens as they are local to me. No shipping once boxed.