Green Party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dwilcox1982, May 15, 2004.

1. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

You sound so naive ("que sera,sera, what will be, will be" - Doris Day circa 1962). Sorry, lildeadbear, but the future rests in the youth of this country and it totally frightens and horrifies me that people like you think it's o.k. just to sit back and stupidly say......"well, there's a reason, a cosmic purpose for Bush getting reelected, even though I won't like it, I'll just sit back and let him screw me in the ass for another 4 years....(yawns, primps and then looks in the mirror)....let's go party tonight girls...." It pisses me off to hand over this country to some of you 20 somethings that don't seem to give a shit about making a difference in the world. Just sit back and "let it all happen man...wow, it's supposed to be this way, que sera, sera..." fucking idiots!!

2. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

I think at this point most Greens agree that John Kerry is the best shot at getting rid of Bush.

http://www.JohnKerry.com

[​IMG]

3. dwilcox1982

dwilcox1982 Member

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation."- A. Einstein

In otherwords, by voting for a lesser-of-two-evils, the same corporately-backed, mainstream, moderate-to-conservative parties will continue to dominate our political culture, providing no room for change. If by fluke luck, Dennis Kucinich were to be nominated by the Dems, THEN I'd know the Democratic Party would be worth supporting.

As it stands, both major parties have such an identical platform, that it becomes hard to tell 'em apart! Here are some examples:

GLOBAL WARMING
    Republicans: Bush withdrew the U.S. from the Kyoto Treaty to reduce greenhouse gases and fossil fuel use (oil, coal).

Democrats: Clinton and Gore sabotaged the Kyoto Treaty in November, 2000, demanding higher US greenhouse gas emissions. Clinton and Gore sought no improvement in automobile efficiency standards.

Greens: Support the Kyoto Treaty as a first step, higher efficiency standards, and conversion to renewable energy sources such as low-cost wind and solar power.

CLEAN WATER
    Republicans: Bush wants to delay a 9 month order to reduce arsenic in drinking water.

Democrats: Clinton delayed action for 8 years before signing an order just before Bush took office.

Greens: Demand immediate arsenic reductions.

THE MILITARY BUDGET

Republicans: Bush wants increases and enactment of “Star Wars” National Missile Defense.

Democrats: Gore proposed even greater increases, supported Star Wars.

Greens: Call for sharp reductions in military spending, with funds redirected into social and environmental needs. Greens call Star Wars a proven failure and a boondoggle for defense fatcats.

THE DEATH PENALTY
    Republicans: Bush supports it.

Democrats: Clinton and Gore supported it.

Greens: Oppose the death penalty, citing racial bias, failure to deter crime, widespread errors, and humanitarian objections.

GLOBAL CORPORATE POWER
    Republicans: Support Free Trade Pacts (WTO, NAFTA, FTAA).

Democrats: Support the same Free Trade Pacts.

Greens: Oppose, because of their anti-democratic power to overturn labor, environmental, and human rights protections.

Seems pretty clear to me: the Republicratic Party has got to go, or open up for third parties who ACTUALLY represent progressives.