Greedy 'Royals' again!!!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Sep 27, 2019.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Maybe you should go and live in one, and see how those systems work for you???

2. Royalty is just preposterous. I wouldn't want my tax dollars going to pay for Ivanka's wedding, either.

3. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

I'd tend to agree but, your country (USA?) probably wasn't built upon actual blood and sacrifice in order to create the laws you now have that we all now class as law and order. You have 1776 - fighting off the British (in their sleep), whose job was pretty much there just to ensure the safety in return of taxes (albeit "without representation").
    Freedom isn't free, its earned - which pretty much just the Brits and Americans enforced as international law for modern times since WW2.
    The UK spent many, many not just generations but many centuries to develop humanities current democracy of civilisation, including infighting (English vs Scottish/Irish) - whilst governing more of the world than any other country ever had, including today's USA that we now label as western society. Quite remarkable for such a small island tbh.

The British Royal family, still deserve their birthright of respect of their countrymen who they led, conquered, and became the most successful empire/organisation the world has ever known in terms of contributing to as many freedoms as possible for the entire world. Agree or not, no other organisation would've done a better job for humanity.

4. They deserve it? Whatever.

I totally disagree that royalty has some birthright to fabulous wealth and prestige. I don't care who their ancestors were, and not all of them were what you'd call decent human beings anyway. What they have is completely arbitrary. If it hadn't been them, it would have been someone else. But I don't expect people to grow up any time soon and realize this.

In my opinion, people just like to make the aim of their life something extravagant, so they support things like royalty. Often sad, as there's no hope for them whatsoever, but they try to gain leverage through other people who happen to possess grand wealth. It's truly pathetic.

5. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Mostly disagree. Obviously no one or something is perfect.
    If it wasn't for them then it would've been someone else - sure, yet considering their small islands history of absolute and utter constant abuse, and considering the influence the Brits had on the world, including getting rid of slavery, creating laws like the magna carta and winning both world wars preventing things like Nazism - then of course as you say some other group would've done the job - fascism? You've only got to look at the history of the early adaptation that was the developing world since the fall of civilisation that was the Romans, that progressed to the Vikings, Huns, Ottoman and Byzantine empires - all failed compared to the Brits?
    "Whatever?"

6. Other people would have been royalty. It was an era of kings and queens. And there's no telling if all of their problems would have been worked out or not. I'm of the opinion that they would have. And that all of this royalty is completely arbitrary, and that the descendants of kings and queens don't deserve any special treatment whatsoever.

7. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Unlike our generation, they didn't have the proof of DNA testing.

Other than hair colour! mother of dragons and such. You know actual proof for the times.

Just like look at prince harry, there is zero chance he has any DNA resemblance to the current 2nd in line to the throan. Princess Diana blatantly did naughty things, but you know don't blame me for stating the immoral obvious.

8. I'm sorry, I just don't get people who are enthralled with so-called "royalty." They look dumb when they're constipated just like everyone else.

9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

France is a Republic, so too is Germany, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia and Cyprus. Since they're all further south than I am, I wouldn't mind at all, the problem is - which one ???

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How about Croatia?, you could buy yourself a BB gun and hunt Serbs on the weekend

11. Vladimir Illich

I could even buy myself an AK.47 and go hunting American Republicans too !!!

12. Vladimir Illich

Kirstie darlin' - the 'royal' family, if you go back in time far enough you'll find that they were no more than a murdering, lying, evil bastard family and even bigger robber baron than their neighbours. In evidence I offer Henry VIII, Richard II, Richard III, and Charles I.

13. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Now that is a ruddy good idea WOLF.
    I have been trying to get shot of Bad Vlad for years, particularly when he was on another forum he got banned off!
    Mind you.
    I was banned off the flucker as well a long time ago! :grimacing:
    Anyway.
    I think your suggestion could work! :smile:

14. Vladimir Illich

You can piss off too !!! - because I'll continue to plague you !!!

Isn't your team playing a local derby this afternoon ??? - "Up the Reds" !!!

15. Boozercruiser

Hey Vlad.
    Moderate your tone there will ya mate.
    Your talking like a politician!
    And you are talking to a very nice Lady there.
    Cheers! :smile:

PS.
    And lay off calling her Darlin' as well.
    She isn't your darlin'.
    She'se mine! :tonguewink:

16. Boozercruiser

Get your bastard facts right Bad Vlad.
    EVERTON play Manchester City today, so that should be blues.
    Mind you mate.
    You NEVER get your bastard facts right now.
    Do you! :laughing:

17. Vladimir Illich

I don't give flying f**k, You have no authority over me, and if I address Candy as darlin' - I will continue to do so - so shove that up your arse !!!

18. Vladimir Illich

Even better, Manchester City will thrash Everton.

19. Boozercruiser

Oh! Dear Bad Vlad.
    We are in a bad mood today arn't we?
    Still.
    Up yours and all mate! :grimacing:

20. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Best start packing now then - because when(/if) Brexit finally arrives, it will be much harden to enter those Countries