Greatest Strain

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ThriceHistMorphs, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ThriceHistMorphs

ThriceHistMorphs Members

What is the all time greatest strain?

I gotta go...Northern Lights

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Love Northern Lights but it's kind of hard to find now. It's been replaced by newer strains. I don't think there is a single greatest strain. There are many with good genetic potential but it's all the skill of the grower that brings it out.

Also good
    Strawberry Cough
    OG Kush
    Skywalker
    Blue Dream

3. ThriceHistMorphs

ThriceHistMorphs Members

Blue Dream I have been wanting to try for a while. Along with Alien Kush.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Can't pick one. Different strain for different pastimes. Besides, one strain can be exceptionally awesome in one harvest, then is clearly beaten by another in a later season.

For moviewatching/couch lock/heavy stoned feeling: amnesia haze
    If you may fall asleep or lose track on a movie while intensely stoned on too hazy pot: silver haze, K2
    For creative moods or consciously listening music for longer than half an hour :p: power plant, uhm thinking of other moderate strains with international names but am at a loss atm.. maybe northern lights fits here best too

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Blue Dream is wonderful, and easy to grow! I also like(d) Mendo Purps, or Purple...

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haven't seen any Purple here in years! When it was more common it was most often grown outside, which in my country often means average at best

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Blue Dream is pretty good, but I also agree with Asmodean. You don't always want the same high; at least not once you finally figure out that you can have more than one kind of high. Sometimes you like the kind of zonky couch locked indica kind of high. Sometimes you want something cerebral, and so you go with your sativa. It just depends.

But I remember a time where I really felt kind of disenchanted about the indica high. I didn't like being so stoned. That was when I really learned to appreciate a good sativa, and also was when I was smoking blue dream.

If you don't have lots of time or money to mess around with different strains you might go with a highly recommended hybrid. Like I said... it all depends.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

probably a pulled groin. that is a seriously massive strain.

seriously, in the real world nobody identifies their strains. they just tell you the quality, if they're trustworthy, or if they're not trustworthy they'll tell you it's great and then they pull out a bag of mexican brown shake. i don't think anyone has claimed a particular strain since i was in college, and then i never believed any of those guys for a second either; they would always just say "oh yeah, this stuff is [insert currently famous strain name here]," and then they would pull out the same low-grade dank that better dealers would give you with an honest description.

9. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

Best strain has Gotta be Blueberry Pie. The parent strains are Blue Dream and GSC.