Greatest Music of all time.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by DazedAndConfused, Jun 5, 2004.

1. DazedAndConfused

DazedAndConfused Guest

I think the greatest music of all time would have to be older music. > JIMI HENDRIX <.. Seems like music that has been made , well I guess you can say, "around my time" just isnt the same as it used to be. Check out METALLICA!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?!? They used to kick ass and their Black Album ruled.. then they went WAY WAY down hill from there..Led Zep AC/DC The Beatles will always kick ass.. same with rolling stones, pink floyd, kiss, sublime, lynyrd, skynyrd, BOB MARLEY, the doors, Nirvana << older stuff rocked and then they started bringing in all of their stuff on the radio.. totally overplaying them... so many bands... very few are from around "my time"... Check this thread out and hey, yell at me if you want :p ..

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Agreed. There should be a mandatory limit on how many times a radio can play a certain song so more people appreciate the good music.

-Kate

3. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

i think r.e.m i love all their songs and they are still rocking today. My step dad has their 20 something albums...they are all wonderful.....their new one comes out soon hehe

peace chickens

4. DazedAndConfused

DazedAndConfused Guest

R.E.M does kick ass but im just saying a major part of music isn't what it used to be. Kiss have been here a long time too and they are still having concerts eventhough they had a farewell tour 4 years ago... I'm going to go see them soon :) ..

5. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

ahh man JIMI HENDRIX is the best!!! and yea metallica does suck now...well old music is better.

6. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Damn, it's so hard to pick. Jimi Hendrix stands out, but I gotta say that Aerosmith is probably the most outstanding; Dream On just gets to ya. Led Zepplin is up there too, they are like the holy trinity of rock and roll.

7. hippie_au

hippie_au Member

rock and roll, creedence clearwater revivial,cats stevens,van morrison.

right now : matchbox twenty and jewel.

8. joe

joe Banned

Ay, ye slick minded fools that infest thy's new ages of what?!?, wisdom?, tis not new ages of thought!, but of foolish romances of that dwell only in the pasts, denying thy'selves of the lights of the up and coming, ay ye tommorow only lives yesterday then

9. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

hmm... we could all be famous if we stop listening to the past? Equal playing field? Here and now. music to my ears must match my emotion, which change; I'm still looking. Nothin' wrong with Men Without Hats though.

10. thepixies

thepixies Member

slipknot?

ten characters my arse

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

out of interest, do any of you like certain classical pieces?

do you ever listen to odd types of music, that most people, even in this crowd wouldn't think of listening to?

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Backstreet boys!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

13. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i can't believe the beatles haven't been mentioned yet!

14. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

John Lennon, Paul McCartney ??... One on the geatest songs Writers..

[​IMG]

15. sitareric

sitareric Banned

I would have to say the greatest music of all time was preformed by the 7th century mongolian group, Ahk lkwon, man could they rip the Oud an Gu Zheng!!

16. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

Hmmmmmm... i dont there is the greatest because everybody put something in to make them great ?? make sense

17. Orsino

Orsino Member

I like Stevie Ray Vaughan's electric stuff... but out of everything he's ever done.... I think the best is his acoustic work.

~ George

18. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Dont Really Dig his Stuff

[​IMG]

19. Orsino

Orsino Member

DULUTH, MN -- An Eden Prairie man has pleaded guilty in connection with the 1998 stabbing death of a Minneapolis man near Duluth. Wayne A. Johnson, 37, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit intentional second-degree murder for his role in the death of Carlos San Miguel, 34. Dario Bonga, who pleaded guilty to stabbing San Miguel more than 42 times with a screwdriver, was sentenced to life in prison. Bonga said he killed San Miguel because he said Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bonga's favorite musician, wasn't any good. Johnson beat San Miguel before the killing and helped discard evidence. - Associated Press

;)

20. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

What are you talking about ??

[​IMG]