Grand Theft Auto IV

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Twizz, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Yep, it's here. Just after I finished talking about it a couple weeks ago, too.

I'm downloading the trailer for it right now, then I'll let you guys know how it looks. I'll also post the URL for the video too, then you can download it for yourself and check it out.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

3. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

looks decent, kind of disapointing it's in a new york setting again, but oh well

should be nice to play it in 1080p though hopefully if it comes out on PS3 first

4. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Thats the official site, all the updates will be posted there.

I just looked at it, and it looks FUCKIN BITCHIN. It's another Liberty City game, this time Liberty City is filled with Times Square, The Chrysler Building, and a bunch of others. Of course, not everything is the same. Names have been changed. The Manulife Centre is now the Getalife Centre (for example).

You also play a russian.

I can't wait 'til it comes out.

5. mr.greenxxx

digitall thing is tho, its not in new york again, last games they made a fake liberty city which was shit and seemed nothing like NY, this is an actuall NY just named liberty city, an all new place u never played in before, theres allrady miths that theres spiderman hiding somewhere lol

6. mr.greenxxx

also im sure there will be other areas, like vice city and or carcer city, there will be 10 pages of exclusive new info in may issue of gameinformer, which comes out 20april-1st may so yea expect shit loads of info

7. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

I wanna play now /cry.

8. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

yea who cares about that shit though, it's just reiterating old games

i guess thats the way to go though and throw in new stuff because if they had made it in the UK or somthing it would just be going back to a Vice city/Liberty city style with 1 city

oh well, im sure i will buy it anyways, always been a fan of the GTA series

9. vactom

Yeh, I hear you dj, but it is a relief to have anything IMO because there haven't been many new games come out that have caught my eye, GTA normally does. It would be niice as shit for some new cities and stuff, but atleast I don't have to surrender my balls and by a PSP so I will just wait and get that when it comes out, because atleast it will have my attention for like a week or so.

10. mr.greenxxx

basicly i gots it all planned out, ima gt a ps3 in october together with gta IV.

after that my games wishlist:

resident evil 5
    metal gear solid 4
    saints row

11. vactom

I never quite got into the Resident Evil series. They were either too hard or too easy. Never a constant challenge. Metal Gear Solid 4 looks good, but nothing I would wanna buy for 50, I will prolly wait till it goes down to 35 or 40 and get it then. 2 or 3 months wait isn't much, so why not buy weed in the mean time? :p

12. Falcone136

Falcone136 Member

Dude, do not buy Saints Row. It's just a rip off of GTA and will not even come close to what GTA has to offer. Every fanboy of SR piss me off when they actually think that game is the GTA killer. I will definitly pick this coming GTA up for my 360.

13. mr.greenxxx

^are you kidding me???

u ARE A FANBOY.

gta is yes a great game, and yes saints row is one of its copies. but its the best copy to this date- and it looks like an awesome game. i will buy SR just like i will buy gta.

14. mr.greenxxx

dude trust me, i have only played the most resident evils for a few min, only game i ever bought was resi evil 4. trust me it is awesome, if u want download it for pc its out for it now. awesome game

also def jam fight for ny was cool, but icon looks shit tbh

15. Falcone136

Falcone136 Member

I never said I was n't a fanboy. And it might be the best copy of GTA today because it copied all of GTA's concepts, except customization which is pretty cool, I have to admit. But the storyline is just crap compared to GTA. Also, the MP sucks complete ass in SR and gets old fast.

16. mr.greenxxx

dude dont compare it then, look at it as a game on its own- which its good. obviously when u compare a peugeot to mercedes it seems shit, but peugeot is actually a great make, so there

17. Falcone136

Falcone136 Member

I know that, but whenever SR fans think it's a GTA killer than I start comparing the 2 games. That was my original point.

18. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Peugeot<Chevrolet
    Mercedes<Chevrolet
    :)

I don't think Saints Row sucked at ALL! It was a great game, mucho fun.

And besides, ANY game could be good if you're HIGH!