Grand Funk Railroad.

Discussion in 'Music' started by jen910, Jan 6, 2005.

1. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I really like them. Always make me want to get down and boogie especially "I'm Your Captain"

2. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

Grand Funk was fantastic. Mark Farner(lead singer) has made some Jesus rock albums that are pretty decent.

3. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

I woulda never ran into grand funk if it weren't for the Simpsons... I think they're (one of) homer's favorite band/s.

4. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

They were one of my favourite bands back in the day.

Savaged by critics but loved by fans.
    I have a bootleg 1974 live concert video of theirs that is one of my prize possessions as well a a couple of live tapes.. Sure Mark Farner was a hot dog but he had the chops and new how to put on a showAnd Mel Schacher was one of the most under rated bass players of all time.
    And Don Brewer could do more with his little 3 piece kit then most drummers can with a kit the size of a small town.
    I sort of lost interest with them when they added Craig Frost on keys and I moved more heavily into Zeppelin, Floyd and the like.
    But I still love that entire screeching first live album of theirs as well as "Survival" and "E Pluribus Funk" .
    I saw them at Varsity Stadium in Toronto many years ago and they put on an incredible show.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I'm not a fan. I find their music to be rather bland and too geared towards FM radio.

I like 'Im Your Captain/Closer to Home,' Though. That's probably the only song I like by them.

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Same here... I have a few of their albums, but that's the only song I really like.