graffiti thred ...ya thats right im tryin again

Discussion in 'Art' started by natureslaze, Aug 15, 2005.

1. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

It's good to see others that appreciate art at it's best :)

(it was the other dude full of criticism)

2. aFoolOnaHill

aFoolOnaHill Proper Villain

:toetap05: full of criticism indeed

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

generally speaking, banksy is graffiti, but in graffiti's purest form it is based on letters

4. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

criticism about banksy (fool)

5. aFoolOnaHill

You realize that you don't make any sense right?

6. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

banksy is fictitious

REAL graff is on the streets, in alleys, bus stops, news stands, street lights, overpasses, bridges, ablhbablabhab blbha

7. machinist

uhh banksy is on the streets

8. does2

does2 Member

lol.

lol'd again.

9. aFoolOnaHill

Lemme 'splain. There is street art... and there is Graff. They are different.

[​IMG]

Street art can be rad. Do I appreciate seeing a Einstein chillin' around the corner from my spot? Yes. Is it Graffiti? No.

Since some people don't seem to get this either so I'll make it clear that this is MY OPINION (although I'm not the only person who thinks it), and it is nowhere near as critical as that of some some "fans" who don't understand tags.

:ssmokeit:

10. Rainbow.wine

Rainbow.wine Member

So is Graffiti something ugly to look at that has no purpose or message or artistic vision.. like "dick licker was here"? and street art is the stuff that is actually meant for something.. like many stencils out there.. or you know,,, art!? or can someone clarify then?

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

graffiti in your underpants...

12. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

it was a spin on something purp said in another thread. underpass graffiti..:)

14. daltondude

daltondude Member

i dont do murals or nething like that but i do tag havent in a while

15. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

moondrizzle is a fucking retard

graffiti encompasses stencils, TAGGING (heavily), stickers (weak, but is), pieces, throwies and virtually any other way of putting paint/art on a wall

you can bitch all you want, moondrizzle, but the REAL graff artists you speak of will disagree with you wholeheartedly about tagging not being graffiti. you sound like a punk kid that looks at shit in suburbia and think its dope cause its spray paint. i bet you even have a tat of a spray can on you laawwwllzzz

i say banksy is fictitious just cause there are so many posers of "banksy"
    he's a commercialized graffiti too...i do want to see his movie, but he makes so much money off of stupid shit like interviews and books and shit. too many noobs thinkin banksy is hard, really though he does strictly stencils, which gets lame

16. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

You are a stupid ****,

You think you're an expert probably because you scribbled your name on a bathroom wall with a sharpie a few times. You made stupid (retarded) assumptions about me, who I am and where I live. I couldn't give a flying fuck about banksy, I just noticed people here seemed to know about him, I believe he is a witty and talented graffiti artist, but I also believe he is a sell-out and I have little respect for that.
    If you still want to call paint-marker scribbles graffiti go ahead, But it is the LOWEST form of graffiti at best. But I will never call somebody who scribbles their name with a marker everywhere they go a graffiti artist.

Oh, and I really don't give a shit what movies you wanna see.

17. Ahmad Rashad

Ahmad Rashad Senór Member

as a former graff artist, I can assure you what purp speaks is the truth.

You start with tags. It's called your handstyle. You work your way up from there. I hate see'n a nice piece and a shitty tag next to it. That's toy as fuck. I would much rather see a really unique clean tag somewhere than a stencil. Nothin against the stencils, I made plenty. But you gotta understand those "scribbles" are the foundation. Don't get frustrated cause you can't read it.

18. Ahmad Rashad

Ahmad Rashad Senór Member

quoted the wrong person...my bad.

19. aFoolOnaHill

Use the edit button my friend :D I don't think it's really worth it trying to explain shit to people who don't understand... either you're down or you aren't

20. machinist

fuckin graffiti

[​IMG]