Graduation Party

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Crayon, May 31, 2004.

1. Crayon

Crayon Member

I recently got my ged and am having a small get together so I can get mon...celebrate. hehe :p

Anyhow, It's going to be at a park and though Im not veggie, I do like to limit my omni tendancies. Do any of you have any ideas for the catering of this affair, veg friendly?? I know for a fact I'm going to have carab cake and tofutti, so thats taken care of. I dont necessarily need all vegan foods, but I do need veggie at least. It needs to be quick and not TOOO expensive. Ideas? Suggestions? :)

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

Hummus with Greek pita bread cut into triangles with assorted fresh veggies and some nice olives. If you make the hummus yourself it's pretty cheap, although if you don't stock Garam Masala (optional) and Tahini (mandatory) in your kitchen, there is some start up cost.

This recipe is VERY yummy:

1 can chick peas drained and rinsed
    2 Tbs Tahini
    2 Tbs lemon juice
    Garlic powder and Garam Masala (optional -- sub salt if you leave it out) to taste

Put the chick peas, Tahini, and lemon juice in the food processor and start mixing. Add water a little at a time until it's smooth. Add spices to taste.

Hummus can be frozen and generally stays good for at least 12 days in the regrigerator. Since it contains no animal products or dairy, it can also sit out for quite a long time, as in a picnic situation.

3. Crayon

Crayon Member

awesome,thanks...

...any other ideas? come on folks,I need some help :/