GPU Prices Coming Down

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by wooleeheron, Mar 19, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Ethereum Nosedives As SEC Opens Investigations On Dozens Of ICOs Built On The Blockchain | HotHardware

Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails. Empires are built on controlling the distribution of goods, and you can't do that nearly as well unless you also control the distribution of money. My guess is that the banks are using the government to attack bitcoin, because nothing is a threat to them like a currency they don't control. If they seem slow to act, that's because these are people with twenty year plans and perfect crocodile smiles, who take their time manipulating the courts and governments, and who take things one step at a time. The FBI, for example, commonly spends 8 years gathering data and planning the most efficient way to stomp any large group of people like bitcoin represents into the dirt. However, this is excellent news for anyone who has been waiting to buy a graphics card since the prices went through the ceiling.

Nvidia plans to release a bitcoin gpu in august, and I suspect we'll see prices stabilize a few months later. Right now they cost anywhere from 50-250% more than the MSRP and, although I don't expect prices to ever be what they were, we will hopefully see them stop fluctuating wildly and drop a bit on the average. There are quite a few other signs that all add up to the shortage of graphics cards finally coming to an end. Both Nvidia and AMD have declined to release their newest gpu, because they cannot make the current ones fast enough to keep up with demand.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018