Got the ZJ stuck!!!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Inavacuum, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

wow, I was spectacualrly stuck.

I was bottom out just sittin on my differentials. Had a little yota try to pull me out but it wasnt happening. Got my bro Matt with the Ram 2500 V8 power mang!

Wrapped a chain around my rear axle and he pulled me outta there like a knife through warm butter [​IMG]

Idiot with the yota was tryin to get me to wrap the chain around my steering stabalizer.....what a fuckin moron.

Anywho, all I had to do in return for matt was buy him a pack of tubes. What a bro, he even gave me some spare shorts and a tshirt so I wouldnt have to get my interior muddy as shit.

This thread is in appreciation to bro's. There when you need 'em

2. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

[​IMG]

There I am :)

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Uh... why'd you take a soccer mom vehicle out in the mud? :D

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Because that is a Jeep, silly negro. :D

They're the only SUV allowed to be off road, besides an International Scout, an old Bronco, a Land Rover, or a Toyota Landcruiser, etc. Uh... I'm not sure if the newer non-4.0HO wranglers count :rolleyes: but so long as it's a 4.0HO, it's good as gold. In fact, I made it through a soybean field during Tropical Storm Ernesto, in a CJ. The old manuals in those things are so different with the new ones. New manual transmissions in cars are sensitive and odd, like Meg's mama's jetta. I got used to driving my great-grandpa's tractor and trucks. I've driven more four speeds than fives, too, oddly enough. Three on the column, four on the floor, if you get stuck, there's always one more... that's what I grew up with. Simple enough.

:D A friend pulled out my '90 Silverado with a yota, but it bent his tow hook. I've also been pulled out by a dodge dakota. HAHA... I pulled out a dude on his lawnmower, once. That was probably the most awkward favor I've ever been asked. I just hate climbing up under a hot engine on a hot day. I've seen some people drunk or tired wrap a chain around their column and not be able to drive out of there... When I get the other computer fixed, I'll upload that sometime.

5. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

a jeep isnt any mall cruiser mang!

No grocery getter has 4-LO.

I jsut got it earlie this week. Plannin on a 2'' BB. Tranny skid plate, and tow hooks. If I could afford it I'd get a winch. I think a hitch is my near future to so I'll ahve tow points on the rear end too.

And George I figured you'd be one of the only others to appreciate this thread :)

6. Orsino2

I had one of those three point ball hitches on a hidden hitch/drawtite... Those things or a $10 tow grapple kinda deal work well for extra help. Easier with more points for more chains or ropes... and more chains and ropes for that matter.

I like Old 4-runners too. They have a good vibe about them... they're good for the beach. I was looking at an $800 '74 Ford Bronco, for when I go down to the Carolinas. Something I won't have to worry about saltwater, with. That'd kick ass if I could find something with a diesel engine already in it, so I could use biodiesel.

7. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

so you pulled a lawnmower out of a mudhole? Or was it jsut stuck in some ceptic tank leakage or something?

8. Orsino2

I pulled him out of a damn pond of a mudhole... at the bottom of this sandpit. It's shallow, but it has some sunfish and such in it. I know someone who took an oldass '84 Toyota Tercel through it and made it, but it ripped his bumper off and then the other guy broke the windshield with his head. (They were wearing helmets and took it off of this cliff... we turned it into a demolition derby sorta deal, but they never busted out the windshield)

It's one of those four wheel drive hatchback tercels. They're awesome. Only problem with it is that it only had two seats and only started sometimes.

9. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Dude, I don't know about your hometown, but where I come from, soccer moms and grandmas are the primary owners of Jeep Grand Cherokees. That thing screams, "estrogen." :D

10. Orsino2

Right. Guessing you've never been to Southeast Virginia or Central Georgia?

Okay. There's your answer... :D In fact, I know someone who jacked up a super beetle from the 70s and put in transfer cases, so it was truly 4x4. In fact, there's so many crazyass vehicles like that in my town (a 1954 GMC pickup with 16 inches of lift... :rolleyes: The four wheel drive doesn't work yet, but it sits on highway 17 in front of this place that specializes only does truck lifts, rims, engine overhauls/replacements, and tires). In fact, I saw someone getting a Chevy Avalanche lifted and this guy was trying to get a transfer case put in an old Ford Country Squire station wagon. :D Then my friend Bennie was there trying to get new tires ordered and put on. He has an '84 Scottsdale he bought for $700. He totally restored that thing in over a year and a half and hardly any money. He went to junkyards and took stuff off of peoples old wrecked trucks to rebuild it.

I mean, you have no idea some of the vehicles I've seen around here used for off roading. More people drive trucks in this county than they do cars, it seems to be. You can look down highway 17 and tell... and then there are the cars they try to convert... And it's all because of this one business. You never used to see as many around here, because you'd have to go to Richmond or Fredericksburg or someplace, normally.