Got caught again..

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ukbong1, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

Never said I buy my hash from the street like most people :)

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

he was on your side...

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

rep+ if it will let me

4. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

I know, was just stating I don't buy hash according to standard prices

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

maybe you should use some of those sweet connections and move out of mom's house? :afro:

6. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

If only there were connections, without saying too much I order it :sunny:

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

smell like pork in here

8. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

When I moved out I had 3 room mates, a used twin mattress on the floor. Think simpler. It may be time to take control of your life.

9. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

Could try that, what's a good place to look for room mates? I don't know anyone personally that would do it

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

You've figured out how to get a great deal on your drugs. Take that energy and find a cheap place to live.

11. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

I'm in Europe's most expensive city, easier said than done but i'll try

12. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

man, don't pay for a place alone. 1bed is way more expensive than sharing a 2 bed! find some roomies or quit the dope

13. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i think you meant NOT including
    do you not have efficiency apartments there? how much space do you NEED? what features do you WANT? i dont care where you live you dont need to spend "hundreds" on furniture. and i would not buy a lot of furniture for a temporary home.

sweetie, living costs are EASY to compare. the easiest! they are just numbers. numbers of hours worked for amount of moolah earned. cost of living, cost per square foot (meter?) of apartment. numbers. easy.

you could try melatonin, or valerian. valerian knocks my ass out. you might stink a little more at the gym, its a trade off. sorry to burst the bubble, but you can get dependent on weed to get you to sleep. if you can stop for 2 weeks i bet you wouldnt need it as much anymore. then you could save that hash money too (even if its a deal.)

30th most expensive, but who's counting?
    http://www.citymayors.com/statistics/expensive-cities-europe.html

this is a cop out. an excuse. when i read it, in my head i hear "i can't do it, its too hard, so im not going to try."
    my mom always said "can't never could" and "coulda woulda shoulda but didn't"
    you should respect your mother's rules, even if she is stubborn and deluded. its her house. you can not expect her to change. so the change has to happen with you. start saving. get a part time job, you will NEVER be able to get out on your own if you dont start saving. you could save enough to start renting. to ease your bills. to buy a ticket somewhere more affordable.

you dont get anywhere by making excuses. set your sights, say "this is where i want to go, this is where i want to be." i would set some realistic goals, for example:
    3 months- have part time job, have saved $300 (i realize its not $ for you, but im too lazy to look up the character) this is $25/week saved.
    6 months- have $600 saved (plus interest if in a bank) go through your stuff and get rid of things you do not need or want.
    9 months- start sourcing cast-off furniture from friends/ relatives. ($900 +interest)
    1 year- etc
    18 months - etc
    2 years- etc

you wont convince me that you cant do it. there are 168 hours in a week. if you sleep 12 hours a day (and im hoping you dont) thats 84 hours left. take away 40 for school and you still have 40 hours you could be working. you could handle 20 hours a week for work to start moving your life forward.
    or you could stay stagnant, ruining your relationship with your mother.

this was in no way meant to be mean, but real life is hard, and you need to start growing up, not older. good luck, PM me if you have any questions.

14. Inca

Inca Member

You don't need the internet to live, or a TV or phone - neither do you need £100's in furniture....when you start off you do so with the BASIC necessities and you work your way up.

Your biggest stumbling block is that housing benefit for under 25 's is likely going to be stopped so you will need a job.

However I don't think it has been stopped yet, so the time to move is now, then build yourself up, get a job etc.

There are several sites on the net advertising shared accommodation. Keep in mind that renting means if you are caught with cannabis the landlord can throw you out, so you still need to be discreet.

Here is one site: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/

Here are many more: http://tinyurl.com/csef3qd

Failing that, any dogs in the house? If so you could take them for a little walk at night and have a smoke. As for hiding it, you need to be more creative.

15. ukbong1

ukbong1 Guest

Thanks that's been really helpful.
    On the £100s allowance for furniture and necessities I included with that things like plates, cutlery, small kitchen appliances etc.
    And no there's no dogs or pets

16. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

plates, bowls, and cups. forks, knives, and spoons. a couple of mugs for hot beverages.
    1 good, comfortable chef's knife
    1 good comfortable paring knife
    at least 1 knife sharpener
    (1 bread knife if you make any bread)
    2 cutting boards- one is strictly for raw meats. its just better to have 2.
    (peelers, graters, other gadgety things can be added later, as the need arises)

1 saute pan
    1 stock pot
    2 saucepans
    (add cast iron pans/ dutch ovens as you can afford it. they can live forever)
    2-3 mixing bowls

feel free to add to the list. :)

the point im getting at is you need this kind of list... you need to look online, or go to a store and price these types of items. i dont "need" a peeler. frankly i prefer a good sharp paring knife for most tasks. most things you can get at a second-hand place until you feel like replacing them with nice stuff.
    i think you might be in a forest for the trees situation. theres work involved but its the best solution to your problem- that you are young, but an adult, and you are tired of living by someone elses rules. you need to be moving out, or working towards that goal. you can certainly save more money living at home for now.
    what appliances do you think you would have to buy?

17. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

If londons all that expensive, why not just move outside of london? Maybe find an equal or better paying job in a different, cheaper area to live?

Also get a roomate if you can, basically like splitting the original price in half... or if you have a girlfriend ask if she wants to stay move in too, same thing.. I plan on moving within a year or so too and most likely will just move in with my girlfriend somewhere, saves a ton of money

plus you don't need much... living on your own your bills will be cheap.. you shouldnt be using to much electricity or water, etc.. not to much food, plus tv isn't necessary.. (i'd keep the internet though ;) lol)

18. Inca

Inca Member

You start off with one plate, one fork, knife and spoon (total cost £1.50 Asda) and build it up. For example, add another plate in your basket when you get food shopping etc.

Additionally look at Freecycle in your area http://www.freecycle.org/ where you can be given starter items, cookers, fridges etc to start you off. This site should help you a lot, so find your area and check out what people are giving. They are technically not allowed to put a price for items, but on those not offered for free, they will say "make offer" or similar. Still much cheaper.

You don't have to have brand new, it is about getting what you need to use and building from there, replacing what you can.

19. TheHipstar

TheHipstar Guest

shit happens