Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

This year.. look away asmo.. first visit over to Spain.. Jan 12th..

I can spend 6mths there, but will split it up..

Might also fit in a Caribbean trip this year...

Mallyboppa likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No I Haven't Got Any Plans This Year.....And If I Did I Wouldn't Be Foolish Enough To

Post It Here.....LOL.. :D

Cheers Glen.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Many of the best travel experiences happen outside of major cities, too. To really get the feeling for the bones of a place, you need to spend time in the countryside and live with or like the locals. Lots of good memories in little pubs nestled away, or at a boony roadside produce stand, a perfect cafe in a tiny town, walking in the "bad" part of an area and meeting some real "colorful" people etc.

Although, I disagree with some previous posters that all cities are the same. I think you just need to explore outside of the beaten path, and you can find some local flair.

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I also agree that every city is different but i can also understand how others can see its similarities. To me each city presents a unique and interesting vibe. Even just American cities. You'll definitely get a different vibe in New Orleans than that of Chicago. New York than that of Los Angeles.

[/QUOTE]

When you think about it from a more global perspective it becomes easier to understand. In comparison to other parts of the world Europe appears much less foreign than that of Asia, Africa, Middle East, and Latin America. Hence if i'm traveling i'm more likely to choose countries that offer a more diverse experience from my environment. And the more i look into other parts of the world the less appealing Europe becomes and the less foreign it appears. You seem to be thinking America in comparison to Europe and i'm thinking America in comparison to the rest of the world.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

@Total Darkness

You get an all expenses paid trip to anywhere on Earth for 10 days. Where do you go (and why)?

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like cities. I think they all have their own energy to them. When I travel I usually use a city as a base and work my way out from there and visit the small towns and countryside outside of the city as well

Mallyboppa likes this.
  7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Easy, Brazil. To experience life in the Amazon Rainforest then explore Rio De Janeiro for its beaches, culture, and festive vibe. Seems like a fun and exciting country. A plus is that i find Brazilian women very attractive. :D Love the accent too.

Other places that seem interesting and have me curious is India, Thailand, Peru, and Columbia.

Asmodean likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We think there is a catch to his all expenses paid trips ;)

Then again, when you are a rich divorcee. He should still only be in his 40s, maybe look better, and have a lot more experience

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The idea of going to all those cities (for a short time) does interest me. Maybe I'm just biased against English cities.
    And most of England.

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

why is that ? we have some of the most remarkable cities in europe (not London )

11. So basically, you know shit about Europe, so it seems ;)
    It just appears less foreign to you, for whatever reason.
    Which is ok. Not everyone is interested in same corners of the world. It's ok to say you are not interested, it really is, but to say it's because it is similar to your own familiar evironment is a bit laughable.
    European countries and cultures are often not even very similar to each other.
    I really wouldn't claim the whole continent is similar to my evironment, because I promise you - there are many, many parts of Europe that would make you feel very foreign.

Asmodean and Mallyboppa like this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I could be happy just exploring Europe, including Russia, for the rest of my life, and never go to any other continent.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Maybe with the exception of Morocco.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  14. Rots in hell

You Been to Morocco Ged ?

15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No.

16. Do you include Turkey?

Mallyboppa likes this.
  17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I guess so. Why not.

18. Rots in hell

I worked in Casablanca for 3 Months (in a carpet factory owned by the King ) Interesting place and the people are mostly very friendly

Just wondered Why you singled Morocco out as the world is out there

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I am not really interested in the Americas. The Far East? Not really. I just have romantic notions about Morocco from things I have read. Who knows I may change and want to travel further in the future.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  20. Rots in hell

I really believe the more of the world you see the more you want to ! Hell I have not even seen All of the British Isles yet !