Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Besides, we from England or the Netherlands can go to Portugese, Spanish, French and Italian beaches also relatively easy without plane travel. Even Greece is doable.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Another reason Climate Change talk is ridiculous, poorer countries with a strong tourist economy arent going to tax jet fuel

And what has been the jump in short distance air travel in the last 10 years

And yes I am going to mention China again, how many extra Chinese are hopping around the globe in budget airlines over the last 10 years, and extra 300 million of them 2 or 3 times a year. With a 737 it works out about a tonne of C02 per passenger for roughly 10,000 kms

Riots in France over diesel tax, how much is a budget airfare London to Paris?
    Brazil almost collapsed recently for the same kind of reasons, taxes on fuel for trucks/ transport and yet how much is a flight from Miami to Rio?

Back home everyone is still on about recycling all the water bottles you dont need to buy in the first place

Or the one that really gets me, take all your appliances off standby, unplug them from the wall socket at night, save the planet. LOLZ

A couple watts of power each night for 5 million Australian households vs ....it would probably work out at least and extra billion tonnes of CO2 per year just on the increases from Chinese citizens just on budget air travel......per year, just that country

And here is the part where you say what I am saying is ridicluous, we should all do our part anyway

So I will unplug all my appliances tonight, and that will offset the 10 million chinese flying somewhere the same night for 0.00000000000000001 seconds

You have to ask yourself, why doesnt someone like Greenpeace publish weekly figures, heres where all the extra C02 is coming from......becuase if they started doing it, all of a sudden theyd get a 50 million dollar donation from the airlines, heres $50 million, now shut the fuck up

3. Asmodean

For the last time: that China is doing worse than us pollutionwise is not an excuse to not improve our ways. It just makes you seem apathic about it all.
    Btw: you never mention how much China invests in durable energy and transportation neither. They're not developing in one direction

Edit: and its not merely climate change talk!

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

If you feel so Strongly about this Shit Go start a thread about it Then I dont have to read it !!
    This is "got any Travel plans " not "How we gonna save the planet " Not difficult to Start your own Soapbox thread ! Instead of Fucking up someone else's

5. Asmodean

It's not my problem you can't take any criticism.

6. Rots in hell

I can take Criticism Far easier than I can put up with Whiners

7. Asmodean

You refute my critical comment on frequent air travel for holiday purposes as whining because you seem to take the criticism as a personal attack. Completely unneccesary.

8. Asmodean

And if you prefer to not read my posts on this as you pointed out, maybe stop replying to them with what are really the most whiny posts in this thread.

:p

9. Rots in hell

You Dont Listen do you ? What I said was this Thread is not Your Soapbox

10. Asmodean

Its an empty refutal. You just trying to shut me up by calling my critical thought on something that fits fine in this thread whining.
    But anybody who reads this thread can see who is actually whining with his unneccesary replies, stating simply 'i don't like what you are confronting me with, please go and post somewhere where i don't have to read it' :grinning:

11. Rots in hell

Yeah your right a thread entitled "got any travel plans this year" is all about trying to save the planet I give up

12. Asmodean

Thanks for acknowledging :)

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's sad to me many Americans don't even have a pass port. Like the general vibe of why leave it's good and Christian here. I also already speak the language too. I know America is large with many climates and local cultures but not the same as real travel.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think a big part of it is more the general vibe of "i can't even afford a passport, let alone actually going somewhere that requires it."

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yeah that too. We work long hours in this country and don't get much back sometimes.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seriously, if I wanted a sex holiday it would be Jamiaca or somewhere with a whole lot of BBC. If I was into Asian guys with little wangs, Id just stay in Sydney

Malaysia, because all the budget carriers go through KILA, kind of the only option going overseas from Sydney and you want a cheap flight. Then from there, Thailand, Vietnam are the cheapest and closest

Took my mother last year to Phuket and the islands around, do the health spa, yoga retreat bullshit tour thing. Away from the seedy red light areas. The amount of 30 something european women with a 22 pretty thai girl in tow was an eye opener There was one in particular on Panwa beach, beauty retreat thing, 2/3 of the guests fit that description. Mother actually said to me "you didnt tell me the place was going to be full of dykes"

Then outside that, any rural area, there is a noticeable shortage of males between 15 and 55. A very noticeable amount of tomboy girls hand in hand with their girlfriends.

In short, you'd have more fun than I would in that way in 90% of the country.

Malaysia too there are a lot more women travelling for the beach resort, massage, beauty therapy, yoga stuff than you think

Irminsul likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its not like we dont understand your argument.

Its just ridiculous, you never go past 'oh, it doesnt matter what everyone else is doing we should do our part'.

Of course it matters what the 3.2 Billion, Chinese, Indians, Russians and Indonesians....most too poor to do anything, do or not do

Along with the extra 65 million humans that come into existance every single year now.

I will mention car tyres again, so you can make fun of me, even though thats where most of the microplastics are coming from.
    Whats the bet 90% of the worlds population has no clue about that, still think car tyres are all rubber, 30% of the worlds population are like, dude I cant afford a car, some white guy in Amersterdam says I should be doing my part

18. Asmodean

Happily lots of people think different and act upon this realisation that something must change at some point or we're just being self destructive pieces of shit.
    I didn't say it doesn't matter what China etc. does btw. Of course it matters. You're one of the people who say it doesn't matter: just carry on because China will too. It's really really stupid to say we should not bother making changes for the better because its all hopeless. It's not. It's surely not a good excuse to say fuck it all, as long as i can ride it out in a nice enough way, that's the best I can do... Only for people who don't give a shit what comes after them.

19. JESUS CHRIST

NOWHERE

I DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE

OK????

Mallyboppa and McFuddy like this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And, you still didnt really say anything there, give any solutions.

I might start another climate change thread tonight for the fun of it. But yes, we want to reverse the process, yes we DO have to go back to emission levels of the early 1800s, which means, yes everyone on the planet has to give up 97% of everything, which means not even enough to eat