Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Those are high on my list too. Not on a planned agenda though. But when thinking about seeing stuff in the US I always crave like the route 66 and those typical 'wild west' locations. Deserts are awesome! Also one reason why Morocco appeals to me too obviously. But yeah, also the history and culture naturally.
    This is why I don't get Darkness' remark about Europe at all. Unless he's more into nature than culture and history (although. .. there's plenty of breathtaking nature in Europe as well so no, still not really getting it). I still want to see lots of stuff in Europe! From the roman and medieval buildings in Portugal to the nature and culture of Norway and Sweden. They're different worlds too. People really must not know what they're talking about when they dismiss Europe as a whole as an uninteresting travel destination or compare its historic culture to that of the US. There's so much more and authentic culture and historic stuff here. I find the comment really laughable to be honest. Yes, if you go in a suburban neighbourhood to a supermarket or walk through a fairly new business district it has a lot of things in common with similar places in the states :p

EloiseAtThePlaza and Meliai like this.
  2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Booked our first holiday for 2019 Fuertaventura !! (been before but Years ago ) Oh yeah and two years ago we went for the day on a ferry from Lanzarote
    In May with my Daughter Alicia and her Hubby and Kids !

[​IMG]

3. Asmodean

Flying cheap 3 times a year to sunny beach destinations in order to drink beer somewhere else than usual... is why we can't have nice things.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I look at is as, if I've got too many nice things, I gave up a reckless adventure to sit on that nice couch and whinge about what I didn't get to do when I was younger teehee.

5. Rots in hell

Its not cheap mate ! anyway I have seen everything I want to so my holidays nowadays are generally a break

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yeah but the person doing it has nice things. Nobody cares about you not having nice things. What nice things can't you have that you don't already got?

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  7. Asmodean

So... is it that bad around your own place that you need to fly at least 2 times a year to sit somewhere else?

8. Asmodean

I for one can't wait for air travel tax.

9. Rots in hell

I do it Because I can ! what more do you need to know

10. Rots in hell

You dont half Talk Bollox sometimes !

11. Asmodean

I just want you to know how big of a drain on the environment short airplane travel is. And that it should cost more because every other kind of fuel is taxed.

I do it because i can sounds pretty nasty to be honest.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, thats another reason I stick to Sth East Asia, everythings not the same, the atmosphere with all those street markets, love that shit, you dont get them in Western countries becuase of all the BS O,H and S laws. You need a new pair of shorts, there is some guy with a street stall 100m from your hotel, the shorts are only $4 becuase he is not really paying rent, pretty much the same quality shorts that would be $20 in a Westfields becuase the owner pays $5000 a week rent

Dont really have any interest in going to Europe, except maybe some of those Hansel And Grettel looking towns around the alps...becuase otherwise it would mostly just be the same shit. Same shopping malls, same overpriced hotels, same chains

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Europe is great in that you don't have to travel ridiculously far to immerse yourself in a different culture. Experiencing authentic cuisines, architecture, languages, and traditions in relatively short distances. When you live in a huge country like the USA, you've got to travel very far for that most of the time.

EloiseAtThePlaza and Meliai like this.
  14. Rots in hell

I didnt mean it to sound nasty or anything but if it upsts you or anyone else what I do with my time and money I have one thing to say So Fucking What ?

morrow and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So come visit me? :)
    The land of real boys instead of those ladyboys you chase in sth east Asia. :p

16. Asmodean

I know you didn't mean it to sound like that. But i feel like telling you that this attitude stinks when it comes to a pollution issue like this. I hope it was made in ignorance, not a real lack of concern and responsibility

What you do with your time and money does in most cases not concern me at all. But on this matter it actually does. And I'm not even saying you can't go to a sunny beach destination at all. I'm saying people from our countries flying twice a year to Greece or the canary islands just to do stuff you do at home, except in the sun, is a serious environmental issue.
    If it was only you it wouldn't be a problem, but as with a lot of things its when too many people act upon this feeling like 'hey i can do it, so why not!', that it becomes problematic.
    So its not about you personally or that i disagree with your pastimes or something lol. But your holiday behavior (and i am only talking about how you get there at this point! ) is simply part of a very serious issue. I can not point that out?

17. Rots in hell

Again Asmo Let me Make this Very Clear to you ! I don't need your Approval

18. Asmodean

I know. You can do whatever you like. And i gave my 2 cents about it in this instance.

I wish I cared as little about this as you. But alas.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

A travel tax is a scheme to keep people confined to certain areas. While the elites get to use the world as their travel playground.

20. Asmodean

Yups, its a conspiracy to keep people like Mally in the UK :grinning:

I'm up for other solutions :) The fact is our irresponsible behavior and lack of concern for it is problematic. People feeling entitled to it is just pathetic imo. 'If i don't take that seat someone else will!'. Ok go be a drain on the environment all together then :-D :( whatever makes you feel worthy and just as enabled in your holiday destinations as some billionaire :p