Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I hear hotel rooms in the Dominican Republic are real cheap right now.

I travel all over the country for work, so do have a bit of traveling coming up. I flew home from Seattle this morning, and heading to Boston next week. I haven’t been home (Boston native) in five years so looking forward to staying a couple of extra days to visit friends and family.

As for pleasure, we’re moving to Texas at the end of the year so no vacations until then that don’t include the multitude of things to do in Southern California.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Decided to go back to Alaska this summer

Going to do some deep sea fishing

Arranging the plane tickets now

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Does anyone know about prepaid phones in Europe; preferably in Spain? Thanks.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just back from overseas holiday, now we set our sails for Oktober camping trip. 2 weeks of barefoot, nudist, shanty town, redneck, boot skootin, knee slapping madness! :D

RAHHHHH! Where all my mad dawgs and T Rexes at!

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

When I lived in Czech Republic, I had a t-mobile burner phone that I paid by the minute. It was handy and a good way to go. Back then, my American cell phone wouldn’t work over there. Nowadays you might be able to use your smartphone internationally

6. soulcompromise

No,
    mine won't work over seas. I have done some research, and it looks like there are options. I can prepay - which is what I would rather as opposed to pay as I go - for a SIM when I get there next Spring. I just put that SIM in my phone and I'm off and running with enough data to get me through the week and then some. I don't think I'll call home much because there's skype for that if you really want to reach someone I suppose.

Thank you! Your input on this is valuable! :)

7. lode

lode Banned

And actually back again on Sunday for a week.

Hotel overbooked last time, and I have a free all inclusive stay. Going to be working a 9-5 during the week.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I booked a long weekend in a hotel in Orlando on a whim last night to go to Universal Studios to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter lol

I don't really count going anywhere in Florida as traveling, maybe Miami and the Keys but the rest of Florida is so meh.....but Diagon Alley on the other hand ...

lode likes this.
  9. lode

lode Banned

I do in my mind break up Florida into beach Florida and gator Florida, and I defiantly consider Orlando on the gator end.

Gotta say though Wizarding World of Harry Potter sounds fun!

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Definitely gator Florida lol. And Orlando is one of those artificial towns that basically exists just for tourists.

But...wizards and magic!

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You're going to a basketball game?

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Florida is such a weird place.

Meliai and Tyrsonswood like this.
  13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

who do you have for cell service?

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I was so smitten with Spain! I hope you enjoy it.

15. soulcompromise

I have T-Mobile, but bought into the Google Fi thing for travel.

I'm not going on that trip though. I decided not to. But I still have the Google Fi SIM card. :D

16. soulcompromise

Ohh. :( I wish. But no, really... I'm not going any more. It's just not my bag.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

why is it not your bag? are you going somewhere else?

18. soulcompromise

well, for one thing I'm concerned about the long airplane flight and my back. Also, I've heard Ibiza has been going downhill. I might have been better off with Madrid, Barcelona, or other places in Spain. But anyway, no I'm not going anywhere else.

I think Ibiza would have been fun were I your age, but I'm a little bit old. :) Also, it's very druggy from what I understand and that doesn't mix well with my medication or my moods for that matter. So that was another concern. And maybe it's just me, but I'd like to have a couple grand to throw around while I'm there. Well, I didn't have that. So all in all things were stacking up against going and I just decided to call it quits.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why is the wizarding world of Harry Potter in Florida? :p

Anyway, some Florida beach areas could be a blast... right? That's the only reason from the top of my head why I would visit parts of Florida. Florida keys could be fun too (perhaps not right after a hurricane :()!

20. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Crete in a couple of weeks ( 5 actually )