Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I went to Mexico once. We stopped in Puerto Vallarta y Mazatlan! :) We were supposed to stop in Cabo San Lucas as well, but for some reason the boat didn't stop there. I wasn't to disappointed about that. I really liked the ship. I think I was allowed to drink and was constantly drunk. That was when I was 18. Some of the historic architecture is very beautiful. I don't remember much about the people. I spent a lot of time on the boat (we went via cruise circa '98). The impression I got though was that they're very poor and we're very rich. That may be inaccurate though.

Meliai and Mallyboppa like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would say postpone it. But it had some great places to see. Not sure what's left of it at this point... :(

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I loved Mexico Didnt even want to go But had a Magical time The Mayan Ruins at Tulum on their own make the trip worth it !

Meliai likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i really don't follow current events so i'm not sure just how bad it is there. but assuming i could do it without probably dying, i'm sure it would be interesting.

5. Rots in hell

Anybody think Tunisia is a bit Dodgy at the moment ? you can get some Good deals right now !!
    Been twice before but years ago before the troubles

6. Asmodean

Extremely bad. But it was already unsafe for westerners in a lot of places. Still, assuming i would go voluntarily and with proper planning it could be awesome :) But out of the question atm

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. Asmodean

Supposedly safe, but the last family i know that went there got robbed in one of the safest places in broad daylight. I would inform myself at more than one travel agency before i would decide. I bet they advice to stay in the touristy areas and think you could get a stay without problems. There's often a reason why its dirt cheap

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

did you edit in the quote? i'm clearly quoted but it doesn't show up in my alerts.

not that it particularly means anything, i'm just curious why hipforums is suddenly not working like it always has.

9. Asmodean

Yes, because Mally posted inbetween i added the quote otherwise it looked like i was calling the situation in Tunisia extremely bad. But was talking about Yemen

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hmm, i've had to edit in quotes for the same reason. didn't realize people weren't informed when that happened.

if mally would stop squeezing his tunisia posts in between other people's conversations, there wouldn't be a problem.

11. I would love to go.
    But I hate those resorts and all inclusive deals.
    If I go, I want to have enough safety and freedom to adventure and explore on my own.
    And maybe travel to different places in Tunisia alone.

12. Asmodean

^
    Same here :)

I want to cruise through the desert to different towns. If that isn’t possible a big part of why i would visit the country is lost. If I want a beach holiday I go somewhere else. But I would of course also like to spend a few days at the beach if I'm there! And most of those carthage and roman ruins

13. Rots in hell

I dont think that is Possible at the Mo ! Last time we went we were at the Souks in the desert and everything but it seems to have changed since those days ! Thats a shame because we met some cool people and did some nice things last time !

14. Asmodean

I think that with a guide/guard it may very well be possible, but there's a slight possibility as well you meet some corrupt people or opportunistic bandits. As i understood criminal activity (including smuggling people across the Sahara to the mediterrean sea) and tribal/local power struggles are the biggest concerns.

15. When was the last time you went?

16. Rots in hell

Went to Djerba in about 1990 Then Hammamet a couple of years later Used to be really laid back but all I get now are bad reports Which is a fucking shame because I met some nice people there !

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  17. Rots in hell

My wife Booked another Holiday while I am here so thats it for this Year ! no Corfu which is sad

18. Where?

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I've been to Cabo in 08. It's a fun party town with good night life and culture. It is one of the wealthier and cleaner Mexican cities I've been to. Sorry you didn't get to stop there, but I'm glad you had a Mexican experience anyway. That's cruise ship life though; you spend most of the time on the boat, and your visit time on land is limited. And if you're bold enough to break free from the planned itinerary for the on-land tours that are provided by the cruise ship company, you've gotta make sure that you get your ass back to the boat in time for departure, or else you're screwed. Cruise ships are good for some people, but I'm not eager to go back and do them again anytime soon.

soulcompromise likes this.
  20. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I went to Amsterdam for 7 days last month. I flew by myself but one of my best friends got there the next day and then a couple of friends from Scotland also joined us. We went for a small concert and just had fun the rest of the time. Next month, I'm going to Belize with my wife and daughter for 8 days. 4 days on an island and 4 days in the jungle.

Meliai, EloiseAtThePlaza and Irminsul like this.