Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. fjdreams

fjdreams count chocula

Ugh I miss travelling. The closest thing to travelling that I HOPE to possibly maybe do this year is drive or fly to Chicago for Ruidofest in July. Even that will be pricey and logistically difficult. But who knows, where there's a will there's a .....lot of money to be inherited? Yea!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's be a cruise with these hooligans. :)

[​IMG]

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Asmo is it ok I travel to Europe this summer to relax and drink beer, or do I need to be responsible and walk to the corner bar here?

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Woodstock 2019 in August with my Hip Friend Lolli!!

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't think you really give a shit. But my statement was about typical behavior of people in my part of Europe. I'm not against people flying to the sun to do nothing by definition. 3 times a year though.. and to Portugal. I would go by other means of transportation. And i don't think i would go to the canary islands for the exact same pastimes if its just as good in Portugal, Spain or Italy. Driving or going by train to Greece or Cyprus is an understandable turnoff (as is going by train to Portugal if one aims to go 3 times by plane of course, but its very doable these days), so if that's someone dream destination i wouldn't hold it against someone if they fly to there. If they would do it 3 times a year though... i don't think its wrong at all to make a critical comment about it.
    It's unfortunate you just refute it as self righteousness or portray people who do it as hypocrites for using a computer or driving a car (shows who's actually thinking in clichés and stereotypical generalisations here) but hey: we all know why that's done. But if you compare how much an average flight over Europe adds to pollution and how much someone can drive before they even come near such a degree you maybe understand why people are worrying about this irresponsible use, which is still increasing and in comparison ridicilously cheap. It's not just concerned citizens like me who are arguing for more investments in faster and cleaner trains and taxes on airplane fuel happily: people in government and the industries also realize if it keeps expanding like this (which it will guaranteed if we don't do anything) we're basically raping the ecosystems we still depend on. Even if we would not depend on them its still important to keep them intact... Our combined ignorance and feelings of entitlement are important factors. If a small minority would be irresponsible i would most likely laugh about it and say have fun guys! But its all of us together that make it problematic

McFuddy likes this.
  7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Officially going to Spain this spring :)

8. Where to in Spain?

9. Asmodean

Hispaniola :D

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The longest train ride adventure I ever took was from Prague, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Lucern, Interlacken, Lugano, and Milano.

11. Asmodean

Did you took breaks? Salzburg seems a worthy city trip destination!

12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Of course I did. I spent a few days in each town.

13. Asmodean

Few days even! Sounds great :)

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Going to Croatia on the 15th of February. There is much to look forward to.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Italy in the summer ! Canaries in May ( thats been Discussed on here :smirk: ) Dublin and if I can get time off Corfu !
    Thats it so far

16. Asmodean

^
    Why we can't have nice things

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Stop trolling Mally!:tearsofjoy:

18. Margaery

Margaery Members

Paris, most likely in the fall to make up for the trip I had to cancel a few months ago :)

19. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Your talking to the wrong one mate !

20. Asmodean

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.
    He's repeating himself on purpose so its fair I do so as well.