Got any travel plans this year?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah, so you can be convinced on here!

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've been barefoot for a few weeks now like fulltime, also full time nude at home. But I call it naturist because it feels natural to me.

I should create the "boobs cruise" :p probably already something like this though lol.

deadguy and StellarCoon like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The surrounding area was my favorite part. If you go, take a drive from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. It's a beautiful drive

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My longest road trip I've ever been on was from Southern Oregon to Southern Utah, then to the Grand Canyon, through Vegas, then back.

Never done the cross country trip before. Really want to do it one of these days. But I can imagine there are parts where the drive is uneventfully boring and continuous for 10+ hours

It's a pretty drive, but they actually made a video game for the Sega called "Desert Bus," where the whole point is to drive a bus through the desert from Tuscon to Las Vegas. That's it. There's no traffic, obstacles, music, and it takes 8 hours to beat the level with no pause button. And when you get there, you score 1 point.

Desert Bus: The Very Worst Video Game Ever Created

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My longest drive was from Munich to externstein to Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Prague, Krakow, Carpathian, slovakia, sedlec, vienna, Innsbruck, Salzburg and back to Munich. 3 weeks. :)

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Drove from western PA to San Antonia TX in less than 24 hours... Took a lot of coffee to make that one.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That sounds far.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Actually, I am going on a cruise when I go to Australia in June, it's not like a traditional cruise though it's a Blues Cruise so basically all the New South Wales fans get on ship and we cruise to Western Australia for match 2 of State of Origin, which is why we are going. :D

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Now that's a real achievement. Congrats on that
    Especially if completed without breaking the speed limit of any state you passed through.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You could easily make a country song out of that one, or a folk balad.

11. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I was supposed to be on a road trip to Arches and Canyonland national parks but well..... we have an idiot in charge.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Keelhaul that filthy land lover, send him down to the depths below. Make the bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a yo-ho-ho!

Jo King likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If you eventually end up going to the Arches make sure you’re not first or last in line, according to author David Paulides who has written a series of books
    on missing persons throughout our national parks system.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ahh, on a ship with a whole bunch of drunken footy fans, what could go wrong?

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

16. A road trip would be fuuun

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is our mini motorhome in 2010. Dachau camp grounds. Night 1. We stayed at the bottom and our 2 friends stayed in the top. :p

FB_IMG_1546938506592.jpg

Also some sites on the Frankfurt to Assmanshausen ferry ride. Yes. That's the name of the village lol.

FB_IMG_1546938830835.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546938901906.jpg

And just some other random I have on my phone from that trip. Dresden towers at night, The Sedlec Ossuary bone church. By the end of the trip I had turned all my photos to black and white as I thought they looked better. I would also post my favorite Auschwitz photo, but I don't want to offend anyone. But I waited and waited to have all the tourists outta my way and I went where I wasn't allowed and snapped a really good shot between two electric fences.

FB_IMG_1546938917086.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546938925586.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Asmodean and lode like this.
  18. lode

lode Banned

I got back Sunday from a week in Acapulco!

This summer I'm considering going to Ukraine or Republic of Georgia. I'd love to go to all the former Soviet bloc countries.

19. lode

lode Banned

I think that would really tie my living room together!

Irminsul and Tyrsonswood like this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My longest roadtrip was to Sziget in Budapest, Hungary. We went via Prague. Back via Austria.
    I also made a roadtrip through a part of England: Dover, Canterbury, Oxford, Fairport Convention festival at Cropredy (which was the main destination), back via Salisbury and Hastings to Dover. I recall I posted pics of them on here!