got any plans for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by squawkers7, Jan 27, 2005.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

oh i completely agree... i was going to say something myself but thought i would ignore those chicks in this thread who moped about their guy not doing anything. now i would like to say, that's retarded. if you really want romance, then you should have no qualms about providing it yourself jeez... hehe.. shit if my man was never romantic i would still romance him a little.. if you're never romantic to your man, how does he know you even like it?... *shrug* oh well!

oh and i got some ideas for some things to do :D not sharing 'em here though.. he might see this thread. :D

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i am so contrary that i just plain CAN'T be romantic on valentines day. it's like some stupid mental block. it just offends me that some card company gets to tell me when i should be romantic.

3. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Valentine's day doesnt have to be about hallmark... it's just nice to do something special, that's all. But you shouldn't be romantic on valentine's day just because it's that particular day... it's nicer to be romantic when you feel like. Valentine's is just fun, that's all.

4. mynameiskc

i'm just a pain in the ass. i get my nose put outta joint by the most bizarre things. i think it's just conditioning. any time there was any kind of hallmark holiday, my dad would somehow manage to infuriate my mom, and my brother would be eating dinner with us because their women were pissed off, too. it fucking sucked. every valentines day, mother's day, mom's birthday and christmas was a fucking nightmare.

5. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

my brother and i pretty much refuse to go on family trips b/c my mom and stepdad, or my dad and stepmom, depending on who we're with at the time, cannot seem to get along, and my mom's a crier. it's terrible. i wonder if it's us kids that make them all stressed, i mean, they must get along when they're alone... *grumbles*

but yeah... i like the fun of valentine's.. like i said, just an excuse to be romantic and cheesy :)

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

observe sig.

7. alex714

alex714 To the Left

romance makes me uncomfortable.

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I don't know if my man and I are doing anything or not. I don't really foresee him planning anything, but he has taken me out for romantic nights before. And I would do something for him, but I am afraid he wouldn't like it. He kind of hates all holidays and all obligations to do something. So I'm thinking we might do something before or after the actual day.... just to be rebels.

9. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Last date, 2 days ago:

Dinner---$20

Movie----$16.40

Transpo---$29.50

Getting to know her----$most of my peace of mind

Getting my space back-----PRICELESS!!!!!!

10. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I aspire to be a spinster

I just spoke to this guy on the phone that I just met

I gave him my number mainly because I haven't given anyone my number in so long. He has 9 kids (which I didn't have a problem with until he explained in more detail), lives with his ex, talked about only himself, and almost argued me down about how much free time I have.........

so yeah, see NaykidApe's sig

11. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Nothing, I reckon. I'm single and unattached.

12. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

no plans this year,,, wooot hooot l'm single and having a great time...

13. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

I hate Valentines day it must die.

14. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I'm officaily dubbing feb. 14th...........

!!--KEVLAR ASS DAY!!!

Cupid keeps aiming arrows at my ass and they keep bouncing off.

15. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

nothing as usual....

well i may go buy myself a bag of sweetheart candy love it!:)

16. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

nothing..
    probably drink some beer and watch people get sappy with another on the tele..:D

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I will be working.

18. mynameiskc

jesus fucking christ! where'd you find this asshole? i'd be thrilled to be alone, too.

19. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

9 kids, WTF

i don't like the day either, especially because those in the northern parts of the world know its right at the depths of dark, freezing winter.

20. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i met this cat two years ago. he was somewhere in his fifties, lived in a big old tour bus(no gas money of course) was with a chick a couple years younger than me and they had 3 little daughters. he started talking about one of his kids and i was like wait not one of these, he just smiled and shook his head, so i asked how many kids he had, he said "at least 16 that keep in touch with me" dudes an inspiration, here i am 29 and no kids. old and alone old and alone, when i get old ill be old and alone.