Got any ideas?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Moonjava, May 30, 2004.

1. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

When I was 13, I painted my room lime green and set an alien theme to it. I still love green and aliens, but I'm tired of looking at these walls! I have decided to paint my room as a Summer project. I want to go with something soft and subtle, maybe pastels. I think lighter colors will make it look bigger, but white is so boring. I was thinking of doing 2 walls one color and the other 2 a different color. Also, I have to come up with some idea for the trim. Does anyone know what colors would work well together or have any other ideas? Thanks and Peace out!

2. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

hehe cool lime green is awesome. well, i heard that painting your room like horizontal(spell check!) lines makes the room look bigger! I'm not too big on pastel colors, but my favorite mixes of pastel would be like baby pink and light green(like your lime green) because it reminds me of summer and watermelons. Mostly all pastels pretty much match eachother I think. Well goodluck! Your so lucky you get to paint your walls! I live in a rented apartment so I cant! The walls are boring white! Booo! But if I could paint my walls..i'd paint em like a foil-silver color or a mixture of bright neon colors! Something bright and happy to cheer me up!

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

you can stick to the space theme. Paint your walls blue, your ceiling black, and paint glow in the dark stars on your ceiling!

4. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

my little sister had one green, one yellow, and one blue wall and the other was cork board. it looked pretty cool. i think the ceiling was blue too.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Green is supposed to be a relaxing color, so you could just tone it down to a nice calming green.... my room was taxi cab yellow at my old house... it worked better than an alarm clock when the sun came through the window in the morning... :D In my room at this house, I had the walls different colors, and it was cool for a while, but I got really sick of it later and it was kind of a big deal to move everything out and paint it again just a little over a year later. Now it's a sponged tan color... it's a good idea to paint it kind of a neutral color and then accessorize with really colorful things. That's what I'm doing now.... I have the tan, but I have really colorful fabric draped all over with lots of tapestry looking things and paintings... it's cool. And then, if I get tired of it, I can totally change it completely without having to change the wall color.

6. serra

serra tentacle girl

room painting is fun!

how about adding some fushchia to the mix? i was going to paing my room lime green and fushcia at one point, but then i moved and never did. it was going to be craziness.

7. HappyHaHaGirl

Just don't use any really dark colors or textured paints. Dark colors are harder to cover up, and you can get awesome textured looks just by sponging, so you don't have to sand your walls or anything when you tire of it or move...

8. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Sky at sunset. Sky blue with streaks of pink and red and soft subtle fluffy clouds... Yeah

9. Crayon

Crayon Member

I think blocks of color on *one* wall,would be really cool... this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and like this.

I duno,just one wall all patchworked would be so cool,with a green on the other walls....

you could do all kinds of crazy stuff!

10. HappyHaHaGirl

Just watch nothing but HGTV for the next week, and you'll get some great ideas... every time I watch anything on there, I want to go redo my room. :)

11. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dude you and my mom... She would take 2 weeks off work and do nothing but watch hgtv. Then I'd come home and the kitchen floor was gone. Next week the paint is striped. Did they ever finish their projects? Hell no

12. HappyHaHaGirl

haha... yeah... I picked up HGTVitis from my mom.. we were remodeling and she watched it all the time to try to find ideas... now the work is all done, but we still watch it and think of stuff we could do... :) I like the gardens they do. I've always wanted to be a landscaper, but no one will hire a girl. Plus, I don't feel like taking any college classes for it, and I would have to if I really wanted to make a career of it.

I guess it wouldn't kill me, though.... :)

13. serra

serra tentacle girl

i like that show, trading spaces. oh money and consumerism! you get me when it comes to interior decorating!!

( i love IKEA)

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Man I am so cheap when it comes to furniture. Cinder blocks and an old bunk bed made me an entertainment center that held my stereo, computer and monitor, TV, Movies, and CDs. Then I took a couple old ladders and some planks and made a bookshelf. My mom always said "Let us buy you furniture" "NEVER CAPITALIST PIG!"

15. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Hey I really dig that idea :) But still, I am sick and tired of looking at the green. Yes it's groovy and crazy and orgasmic, but after 5 years I need a change. I could really dig a patchwork wall, though. But I'd still paint the other walls a different color than lime green. Your idea is totally hippie and fun, though. I'm looking for something softer and more relaxing. I was thinking about throwing out the aliens and collecting Precious Moments things. They're so cute! So it would be from one extreme to the next but that's me... spontaneous. Anyone interested in a WHOLE LOT of alien stuff?
    Peace,
    Moonjava