goodbye phish

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fractual_, May 25, 2004.

1. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

It was just the right time to call it quits. I think Trey was getting tired he just wants to live the home life for a while. All of them knew it was time to end it. The magic that was there in the early nineties and late eighties just wasnt there anymore and so they had a hiatus to re seek that special something. When they came back there was something there but not the same. theyve all got side projects that are just begginning to mature and definately will have great success both musically and lyrically I think. I am glad that I've been able to make it to 17 shows. Everynight was a memorable one. I cant wait until Coventry.

Lets ponder this for a moment. Whats happening to our beloved jam band scene. Phish is gone after this summer. And who knows if panic will ever come back. And String Cheese has not been nearly as hard working in the past years. I guess my touring days are over. I'll still go to shows though. MMW and Bela Fleck will always be there for me.

2. RedStar

RedStar Member

Yeah me and my friend were talking about somethink like this. A lot of folks who used to tour with the dead came over to the Phish scene after the dead quit touring. Now, i wonder where all the phish fans are going to go. Really, i think it'd be cool if there wasn't just ONE carrier of the torch. I think it'd be super cool if everyone gravitated towards any of the THOUSANDS of smaller jam bands that are out there and had the fun of falling in love all over again. I've never really liked Panic, CHeese, or most of the other relatively large Jam groups , but i've had soem really cool times at small independant jam shows and festivals. So, i guess my hope is that with the cessation of Phish tour that we as fans of the genre can not just gravitate to the next-biggest band out there, but rather to some of the smaller less known bands that just happen to be really fucking good, just like phish used to be.

redStar

3. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

They're coming to Philly in August right after The Dead. Maybe I'll go see them, because it'll probably the last chance I get.