goodbye phish

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fractual_, May 25, 2004.

1. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

2. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'm not a Phish fan, but that news is very sad.

3. paintedjames

paintedjames Member

this all is very sad and shocking

phuck! i hope i get to see one last show!@!!!
    this is so depressing, it is the end of an era

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

their ending their tour in their hometown vermont,if ya really wanna go.

but perhaps they will do a reunion?

5. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

"and i keep waiting for the time when i can finnaly say, that this has all been wonderful, but now im on my way"

So long and thanks for all the Phish

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

6. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i'm really upset about this. i was hoping to get to tour with phish at least once in my life and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen :(. that really sucks, i don't even know what to say about it, i'm shocked.

7. LostChord

LostChord Member

i'm definitly going to cry

but thank god that theres 2 dates i can go to this summer

8. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

all i have to say is...

:(

9. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Yeah, very very sad news. The only show I have a shot at making is the festival which is a long shot as Im from missouri. I just need someone to go with, none of my friends love phish enough to drive 20 hours to see them.

10. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Excuse me while I hang my head and cry :(

Not happy, Jan.

11. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

That really sucks! my girlfriend just got me interested in them and they break up a month later!

12. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

farewell my friends!!! im in extreme shock... at least i get to see them august 12!!

13. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I'll believe it when I see it

14. ben

ben Member

my friend called me at 1am last night in tears when the message was posted on the phish website. he has liked phish ever since we were in 5th grade and we graduated this year. we are gonna make the 20 hour trip up to vermont for that show and maybe catch the show in indiana

"Don't want to be a farmer working in the sun
    Don't want to be an outlaw always on the run
    Don't want to be a climber reaching for the top
    Don't want to be anything where I don't know when to stop"

15. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

yeah.. its very sad.. i was hoping id be able to see them once... but no.. i guess i wont...:(

16. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO!!! :mad: :( Why?! Does anyone know if they're coming to Detroit, MI? I'd LOVE to see them before they go!!!

17. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

"During a show in Las Vegas the previous week, Anastasio told the crowd the band was taking its first extended hiatus after the tour. He said the group wanted a break to write new music and relax so they could have another 17 years together."

another 17 years huh? :confused:

18. RedStar

RedStar Member

Phish has been an important factor in many people's lives, including my own. I'm deeply saddened to see them calling it quits, saying that they're done. But i'd be even more saddened, although in a different way, to see them languish on the way Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler and others have done. Granted, the Dead still tour and are far from languishing.. but if the band feels that they will end up playing just to make people happy when it doesn't necessarily make them hapy, when it's wearing them out, then it is the right choice and i support them. I've been on the front row at many a show and seen the love in trey's eyes as they dole out their melodious magic. I know how much they appreciate the fans and the community. So taking that all into consideration lets me realize that them quitting while they're still vital and magical is best for everyone concerned. Hell, look at the criticism they've already garnered from the community in recent years. They see that the descent into mediocrity has begun, at least in the minds of many fans, and want to prevent it from going any further. I love phish, i've been to about 30 shows and am happy that i got tickets to see a bunch of shows this summer.
    i'm goign to be at coventry in august. i just hafta hear that last song in person.

RedStar

19. ben

ben Member

just ordered 5 tickets for the coventry show :D :D
    ::got goosebumps while doing it::

20. maabbott88

maabbott88 Member

Yeah, I know, I read that yesterday. Maybe I will get to see them on tour...now I must buy every one of their albums that I do not have. (Junta, Rift, Ghost)

Well, maybe...maybe since Phish was sort of a continuation of the Grateful Dead, while adding some of their own style, maybe someone will continue the tradition and become a continuation of Phish. I sure phucking hope so.