good reason not to vote!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gonzobug, May 12, 2004.

1. thespeez

thespeez Member

If you were to get rid of the electoral college, the states with the smallest populations would stand the most to lose. Candidates would ignore these areas.
    As such, these states would fight that proposal tooth and nail.

2. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

That's why the United States of America should be dismantled. It's too big for true democracy.

3. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

That's because the founders of the U.S. probably would've been hanged if the people found out what a bunch of manipulative, greedy, elitists they were.

4. yazzi

yazzi Member

if u get carlin, truly fuckin get him, u'll realize he's as smart as isaac asimov.
    if he ran for prez i'd vote in a flash (otherwise i dont vote. puppet number 1's an asshole and puppet number 2 is even worse, i'll stay home and masturbate too)

5. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

No..because mob doesnt work.

I shall I point out the south during the 1920s-1960s..heck even in some places to this day....mob rule led to lynch mobs. Young black men and boys being hung for even looking at a white woman or girl.

The pioneer days are another example of why mob rule is bad...the wild west?

Mob rule cannot exist because humans arent capable of logically existing without some sort of defined leadership with rules. I think I already ranted about this philosophy on another thread..so I wont repeat myself.

Mob rule is bad...things like lynchings and witch trials happen during mob rule. maybe you enjoy that idea...but I dont.

6. brothersun

brothersun Member

One should always vote if we all did it might be more then a 2 party system. I never waste a vote here in Canada. I voted green and will continue doing so. They need to here our voices, and this is a forum that we can do it and be seen.

7. dotadave

dotadave Member

Direct Democracy fed Socrates hemlock.

8. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

What is your problem?

Do you get off on being a bitch?

You seem like an intelligent, thoughtful woman, but then you constantly undermine your good qualities by unleashing this horrid attitude of yours. Just make your points. Your little passive-aggressive shots are tiring and annoying.

9. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

She's right. Care to point out where Otter's arguments are flawed? Mob rule can't work, a direct democracy just isn't feasible in this day and age.