good music

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Foladh, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Foladh

Foladh Member

Good music

Hey do ya all like good music ?
    like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix , Jim morrison etc...

if ya do , do tell ..

jen

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

hi foladh .yeah man janis /jimmi / jim / john / phil / bill / stevie / carlos / mick / rick / and grace slick / bob /rob / sheryl / beryl / joe toe are mellow / /peace /

3. Savannah

Savannah Member

Hi,

Yes, I love them all, but Hendrix is my all time favorite!

peace to ya,
    Savannah

4. Jelena :-)

Jelena :-) ~

Hi! Of course I love them all, but for me Jim Morrison is No1. :)

5. Curious_Jane

Curious_Jane Member

Some of my favorite music is Crosby,Stills, and Nash!!!! I can really relate to there simple way of life. They are true to there words and live what they sing about I really look up to David (Crosby) for getting clean and off drugs which almost took his life. I also love old Dylan and Arlo Guthery I might of mispelled his name but he sings "coming into los angeles" he was a great folk musican as was his father Woody who Dylan really looked up to. Anyway they get me through the day but if I named all the people I loved we would be here all day!!!!!

;)
    Curious_Jane

6. Foladh

Foladh Member

wow u all got great taste in music!!!!!!!

i love janis joplin . my fav singer!! (female singer) joni mitchell also
    my fav guitarist kirk hammet + jimi hendrix
    my fav drummer dave grohl and lars ulrich
    my fave male vocalist kurt cobain

i cud go on !!!

awh! its great too see so many ppl in to great music! :)

7. Grimace

Grimace Member

My top artists of all time have Beatles, CCR, Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and ZZ Top high on the list. Others are Doors, The Who, Ten Years After, Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Cream, CSN & Y, Pink Floyd, Traffic, Jethro Tull, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Richie Havens, Bob Marley, Moody Blues, Buffalo Springfield, Mountain.

8. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

Jimi Hendrix , Jim morrison , joe cocker, bob marley ,john lennon,eric clapton ,lynyrd skynyrd.............. etc

9. good2bhome

good2bhome Member

Grateful Dead, Cat Stevens, and Crosby, Stills, Nash

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like good music. Everyone likes good music, it's just what their definition of good music is.

11. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

Neil Young along with Crazy Horse....he is the most influential for me, and I never tire of his music.

I also like Zeppelin, Creedence Clearwater, The Doors, Grateful Dead, Cat Stevens, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Van Morrison, Violent Femmes, Kings Of Leon, The Who, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses and so much more :D

12. hippycarly

hippycarly Member

Hendrix, Joplin, Jim Morrison is my favorite, Beatles, Beach Boys after Pet Sounds (when they got away from that car/surfin/girls music), Mamas and Papas, Buffalo Springfield, canned heat....my mom ran an export store/ head shop in the early 70's and I got to listen to all kinds of music in the store, it's my favorite era for music.
    Carly

13. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I like most of the above mentioned bands, but I'd also like to add Fairport Convention, Klaatu, Jefferson Airplane, Donovan, Moby Grape, Peanut Butter Conspiracy, Jethro Tull, Gram Parsons, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Gillian Welch, Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown, Billie Holliday, Iron Butterfly, Jayhawks, No Doubt, Tom Petty, Beck, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Audioslave, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Crowes, Wilco/Uncle Tupelo/Sonvolt, Oasis, The Replacements/Paul Westerberg, Jesse Malin, and a bunch of other bands I'm sure I've forgotten!

14. softstarlight

softstarlight Member

Cat Stevens, Melanie, Van Morrison, Jim Croce, Joni Mitchell .. so many to choose from .. can't list them all .. the late 60's early 70's was the best time for music.

15. Gloria

Gloria Member

Oh, yea, I love good music, the real music - Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, ...

16. Gloria

Gloria Member

How are you feeling about " The doors of perception"?

17. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Hey don't forget that great band SPIRIT doing Natures Way-and Got a line on you babe!-The lead sin ger is Jay Ferguson who did Thunder Island-great song!