Good Movie Quotes

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Carnivore, Jun 4, 2004.

1. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

"Top of the world, Ma!!" James Cagney (I don't know the name of the movie)

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

"The new phone books here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes somebody. Things are going to start happening to me now." ~Narvin (Steve Martin) The Jerk

"Bring us some fresh wine--no more of this old stuff" ~Narvin (steve martin) The Jerk

3. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Brian: Oh, please, please, please, listen! I've got one or two things to say.

Crowd (In unison): Tell us! Tell us both of them!

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!

Crowd (In unison): Yes, we're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

Crowd (In unison): Yes, we are all different!

Man: I'm not.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

They brought peace?

Oh, peace! Shut up!

For Christ's sake Maude, you can't die . . . I love you

That's wonderful Harold . . . now . . . go and love some more

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1-Yeah-well---ya snooze ,ya lose.2 Free my ass--what are ya, a.fucking commie?I don't allow commies in my car.---Christians either 3. just because we're the bereaved doesn't mean we're SAPS! 4- No one is innocent 5 what is your name sir?fuck you-that's my name --you got any rope .Floyd? 6-you han't oughta done that ,stretch.You mighta hurt me .7-I know ,let's have a show!8-Blessings of the masses be upon you -buy more-buy more now. 9-it's too bad she has to die-but then don't we all.10-I'll be takin' these huggies and all the cash you got.Ok-----------------------------------------------scratcho----------

5. spinelli

spinelli Member

How could I forget my all time favourite
    I'll Buy that for a dollar - Robocop

6. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

there's a part in Sister Act (1? 2?) where someone asks Whoopi Goldberg to say grace, and she says

"By the power vested in me, I now declare us ready to eat."

rotflmfao

7. Therefore...

Therefore... Antidentite

Blazing Saddles is full of them.

Bart: You be my guest, and I be your host. What are your pleasures, what do you like to do?
    Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
    Bart: [quickly] Let's play chess.

8. Rasputin

Rasputin Member

i thought you said he was a getaway driver,........well what the fuck can he getaway from. (snatch, the best movie ever)

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Ray Finkles Dad: What do you know about Ray Finkle?

Ace Ventura: Soccer style kicker graduated from Cauler high June 1976, Stetson University honors graduate class of 1980, holds 2 NCAA division 1 records one for most points in a season, one for distance, former nickname "The Mule," The first and oly pro athlete to come out of Cauler County and one hell of a model American.

AND

Mr. Shickadance: Ventuuurrraaa!

Ace Ventura: Yes, Satan? Oh, I'm sorry, sir. You sounded like someone else.

AND ALSO

Melissa: Ace, where are you?

Ace Ventura: I'm in psychoville and Finkles the mayor.

10. scratcho

What the?why I oughta---nobody even tried to guess mine!c'mon.Do it! do it now!-------------scratcho---------

11. FerdinandTheImposter

FerdinandTheImposter Member

Raliegh - are you ever coming home?
    Margot tenenbaum- i dont know
    Raliegh- Well i want to die

from the royal tenenbaums bill murray is halarious in nearly everything he is in.

12. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

They are all from the same movie? Then I'll bite - is it "Raising Arizona"? (or at least your item no. 10?)

13. scratcho

Hi TARABELLE--one from Drowning Mona--two from Bladerunner--one from Raising Arizona-two from Repo Man--one from every Mickey Rooney movie(when he was a kid)-.(One I threw in because I was hoping somebody would remember the one where Gregory Peck smacks the shit out of a guy with a board because the guy was suggesting something dire for the female lead--Peck didn't like it-it was a western from the early 50s)BUT! Which is which?

14. scratcho

Oh yeah--one from The Big Lebowski and one from the Ref.C'mon now.

15. Gloria

Gloria Member

"The soldiers in Vietnam, whom do they listen to, Clapton? No, they listen to Hendrix, the guy who are telling the truth. All is fucked up!" - " The soldiers in Vietnam? And what do they do in Vietnam?" - " They war!" - " What do they do? They're killing people, Mathew!"

16. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

Mallory: You make every day feel like kindergarten.
    natural born killers

17. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

oh so many... "Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " and "Who said anything about slicing you up, man? I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead" from Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas, "It's funny how beautiful people are when they're walking out the door." and "The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold. The curves of your lips rewrite history." from Velvet Goldmine, "I promise, that one day, everything's going to be better for you", "Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit? Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?" and "Gretchen: Donnie Darko? What the hell kind of name is that? It's like some sort of superhero or something
    Donnie: What makes you think I'm not? " from...yep...Donnie Darko. i could go on and on.. even more than i already have...

18. scratcho

19. dweezil111

dweezil111 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
    The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Walter Sobchak: I told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
    Donny: What's Shabbos?
    Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit
    [shouts]
    Walter Sobchak: don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!

20. dweezil111

dweezil111 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my opinion this is the best dialog in the movie

The Dude: Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.
    Walter Sobchak: Dude, this is a league game, this determines who enters the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
    Smokey: Yeah, but I wasn't over. Gimme the marker Dude, I'm marking it 8.
    Walter Sobchak: [pulls out a gun] Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.
    The Dude: Walter...
    Walter Sobchak: You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.
    Smokey: I'm not...
    Walter Sobchak: A world of pain.
    Smokey: Dude, he's your partner...
    Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!
    The Dude: They're calling the cops, put the piece away.
    Walter Sobchak: Mark it zero!
    [points gun in Smokey's face]
    The Dude: Walter...
    Walter Sobchak: [shouting] You think I'm fucking around here? Mark it zero!
    Smokey: All right, it's fucking zero. Are you happy, you crazy fuck?
    Walter Sobchak: ...It's a league game, Smokey.