"Good," "Evil," or "The Illusion?"

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by LostGnosticOccultum, Apr 14, 2013.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The how of my saying is mechanical as I express through the body which is a communication device.
    The why of my saying is the epistemology of knowledge is, being shared and the fact that perceptions or perspectives are not always shared. By undiluted perception I take it you mean clear or undistorted perception and I agree perception can lead to knowledge or is a door used to apprehend knowledge.

Call it something else. We name the animals. Mortal being is a name like lion or mouse.

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

My definition of good is love and being merciful. The opposite being bad/evil which is going against Gods Will and turning your back on our first father. Which is grounds for personality extinction.

3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Life / existence / "reality" is real. The capitol of the planet, God's chosen country, is Israel (Isreal means, literally: is real).

The fact that people remember their past lives proves that:

1. Life is eternal
    2. Life is very, very real

There is no "illusion". That's just a mind trick on a certain mental level or mental plane. I think people reach that level as a means to escape reality.

There certainly is good and evil but to say there isn't is just fear-based dishonesty. :devil:

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

That's about the noumenon. "Reality is relative, and morality is an (evolutionary) illusion." That is the phenomenon.

5. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

According to my view:
    Morality can be subjective but there still is right/wrong good/evil

6. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

You all know what good is, fer fuck's sake.

Let's not get all "Beyond Good and Evil" here...when we know what fairness and moral beauty are and what a loving vibration is like and what the absence of compassion can bring.

A lot of people want to talk about morality like it's subjective, but...well for instance, wanton destruction of life and the torture of living beings will never be anything but evil.

Some evils (war) may be deemed necessary by some, but that doesn't make them good. It makes them necessary evil.

7. Seoaros

Seoaros Guest

Morality is Universal. Whether it has consciousness or not. There is always an opposite to something that is apparent. Everything is subjective, because what we perceive is in our own unique experience. It can even relate with others involved. But even with that, we do not all share same perception, because specifics and detail will impact an individual differently. Your topic post makes sense. It seems a bit judgmental in some sections. It's best to understand the complete differences of Ego and Self.

"Those who haven't endured the torments of the void, may never truly understand the value of happiness."
    It is a passed quote that is altered a bit. It does not express ego, but experience. It is possible for others to find that value of happiness with and from other means. But because of ego; we take a lot, if not everything for granted. And that is when chaos to an individual has begun. When an individual discovers the loss of something sentimental or anything of relation; They either gain motivation to bring that back in their comfortable perception, Try to find a replacement or dwell on the loss.

Here's another perspective: Some souls are here to exist for physical experience, while other souls are physically existing and searching for spiritual experience.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

good, evil, these are words. bennificial, harmful, these are real things.

i use the word evil for when people needlessly choose to be harmful. good mostly just means sane. and sane means not stumbling over your emotional shoe laces. yes, this is a real meaning.

but it doesn't mean some arbitrary standard you expect other people to applaud.
    you never know that they might or might not. expecting applause is pointless.

what matters is the kind of world we together statistically create, because no matter what else, we still have to live in it.

i don't know anything about this illusion business. there are plenty of things that are morally neutral, but there's nothing illusary about them. the only illusion is when we try to put things into words. especially any kind of fundimental truth. no word can contain truth, so trying to say truths, with words, even to ourselves, that creates illusions.

9. Seoaros

Seoaros Guest

Some individuals do morally good, willfully without expecting anything is return. What they get in return is the observation of positivity created from will.
    All words contain truth, down to the smallest detail and meaning. It may not be truth to some, but it can be truth to others. That is what makes everything and everyone unique. A specific word, action or event may be right for one, but may be wrong for another.
    If there is an individual who is immoral, unable to change and negative all around; It is what is right for that individual, because that is purpose and choice.
    If there is an individual who is moral, willfully helpful and positive all around; It is what is right for that individual, because that is purpose and choice.

If some believes anything is possible, then one key understanding is to know the possibility of 2 wrongs creating a right.

10. tastyweat

tastyweat Member

Polarity within One-ness, contrast created for experience. No good vs evil, only polarity - no duality.

Duality is human illusion, polarity is divine truth... there is only one. Perspective divides the one into many.

We are creating energetic multi-dimensional artwork.

11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

To me evil is the belief that there is a disconnection to the whole. It's a mental attachment to the thought of separateness. Good is simply what is. Truth, life, the way, good, God, love and reality are all synonyms. When the mind is allowed to come to a complete halt, the good becomes apparent and evil disappears.

12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Concur. We're completely out of touch with even our own bodies let alone everything around us.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

hierarchy is the illusion. the idea that anything would desire to be worshiped is very likely something we came up with ourselves.
    good and evil are simply benefit and harm. no matter how many hairs you split over which is which and why.

14. DeputyHawk

DeputyHawk Members

I believe that true enlightenment and the test of the will comes with stepping into the void and working with it, rather than being consumed by it. By the OP's definition, I would choose the path of evil for those reasons but it is not evil to me, in the mundane sense. It maybe a difficult path but it is one I believe to be worthwhile as autonomy and transcendence are things that I value deeply.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think good and evil is completely up to interpretation. It's almost like what is "true love"? It differs from individual to individual.