Going Vetetarian!! And calling on hippies to keep me in shape ;)

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by LauraMay, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

Definitely. You also don't feel left out at gatherings and dinners or bbqs if you eat something resembling what everyone else is eating. Not anymore though, I'll have rice and broccoli while everyone else has a roast.. It's normal for me now :)

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Congratulations, Le Aura :). I went veg around the same time as you, and I'm so happy!

3. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

This thread is an inspiration. I wish I could go completely veg. I eat little meat, mainly fish. There are too many fundamentalist carnivores in my house, and too much food catered at work to go veg right now. Ugh, the peer pressure.

4. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

I'm surrounded by carnivores too! It makes it difficult in the beginning but eventually becomes a non issue. I don't think of myself as a vegetarian though I have been one for years, don't focus on the label or it does tend to cause pressure. Focus on what you do eat rather than don't, as someone said a few pages back.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So they eat only meat?

6. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

Hahaha oops. Omnivores.

7. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I'm saying carnivores for exaggeration.

8. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

You can still be herbivore :)

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

But then you don't get to eat cheese...

10. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You can call yourself something because you eat in a particular way, but sometimes it seems people say they eat in a specifc way in order to call themselves something particular :mickey:

12. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

Ah. Such is the world we live in! What you just said can extend to mostly everything.

13. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

First of all, you're not ugly. Second of all, best of luck on your journey to vegetarianism.

I read somewhere that it takes 30 days to develop an habit. Granted vegetarianism isn't simply a habit. it's a lifestyle choice, but I think if you can get through the month, and then two months after that, I think you can be a vegetarian for the rest of your life, despite what people say, do, and think. From my experiences, vegetarians turn vegetarian when they're 18. Some do it when they turn 13, which is another milestone age, but I think most turn when they're 18. So, you're on track.

:2thumbsup: