Going to Quit pot: Here is why.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by darkain, Apr 26, 2007.

1. darkain

darkain Member

I'm a 21 year old male, of dutch decent.

I've never had a problem with my weight. I ride my bike nearly everyday, sometimes work out, and eat decently.

However, I have been getting MAD muchies latley. I've gained nearly 30lbs in the last 6 months. I've decided to smoke weed ONLY for medical reasons (muscle pain, Can't sleep, migraines) then use it maybe once or twice a month as a party drug (the same way I treat Alcohol)

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Any hits on quitting? I've tried before, and failed.

2. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Personally, I'd get my jaw wired shut before I'd give up weed.

3. Splosh

Splosh Member

Munch on pasta and fruit and healthy stuff instead of nasty processed stuff.
    Sure it wont taste as nice, but it will taste nicer cause you're high

4. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

yup, no point quitting just because of munchies. i get mad munchies too, but instead of eating anything, eat fruit, pasta, veggies etc. get some ceral or something also.

but its up to you tho man

5. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

i like your idea the best. How much weight can you really gain when you drink everything through a straw?

6. CK420

CK420 Member

there is nothing wrong with quitting
    cuz its not exactly a healthy habbit but i would never stop
    best of luck to you

7. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Do what you feel is right man.

8. Black_bird

Black_bird Member

Hey,

I quit smokin' two years ago ...NOT because I am against it, but jes because I had a hard time gettin' a-hold of it and didn't like being dependent on something that wasn't steadily available ... I found: exercise, drinking lotsa' water and (during low moments) dropping aspirin helped (and helps). It's a LOT like quitting cigarettes.

Having said that, there are times I still miss it and suppose I always will. (And I wish you folks still toking MUCH enjoyment ... Pot is a good thing, I believe ...)

Peace,
    __
    Black_bird

9. mortes

mortes Senior Member

just don't eat. If you can't control it, then just punch yourself in the face when you get hungry. If that doesn't work then suicide is ALWAYS an option.

peace

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

maybe keep a picture of a really fat person with your weed, so if you get a craving for some (other than medicinally) the picture changes your mind

11. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

milkshakes can add up quickly.

As to the OP, learn to control your munchies. I've found different varieties of weed have a different impact on my appetite. Either way If I do eat I chooose something like fruit or a glass of juice. I avoid eatting junk anymore. Self control and moderation is the key to happiness. Even if you want to snack on something sweet like say a bowl of ice cream, purchase a healthier version or limit the amount you eat.

12. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

If the issue is discipline, replace the snacks with healthy alternatives and cut down to weekends only.

13. Sunny Jim

Sunny Jim Member

If you really don't want to quit smoking, you could balance your eating/exercise. If you eat more, you just need to work out more and burn off all the extra calories your taking in.

14. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

im on break but every once in a while i like to go smell my nugs and just look at it. then i put it back and sigh.

15. ebomb

ebomb Member

^^ I'll take them off you.

16. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i wont be tempted i have WILL POWER.

it's a superpower of mine

imma smoke it after i get a job yes yes