Going Solely Instrumental For My Music Projects.

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by Fairlight, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

So after recording today in the studio I came out feeling that the best chance of fulfilling my potential is to produce solely instrumental music.I replayed the new track at home several times and saw that having just got lost in layering sounds and grooves there was no room left for a vocal.The syncopation and diversity of musical parts suggested to me that it would much better be left as an upbeat piece for joyful occasions,leaving me free to dispend with the task of having to contrive lyrical meaning and the struggle to coax weary vocals from a heart so wearied by time and disappointment that singing for me has increasingly become a painful and embarrassing ordeal.With purely instrumental music I will be free to escape the formulaic strictures of repetition and also be able to express myself in a completely new and imaginative way free of the at times trite pathos overbearing sincerity that never found truly convincing if truth be told.So now I see a whole new adventure of eclectic and energetic sound creation,which will at times inevitably reference the past but more excitingly for me provide an aural aesthetic of endless potential for a music that will express the future joy and dynamism of a personal manifesto will reject the mundane narratives of hoary deadened genres and explode into riotous and supersonic yet subtly crafted escape from all internalized negativity and guilt that has kept me in chains for so long.This new project of mine will be absolutely anonymous.I don't care if the music finds an interested record buying public or not,I will just be content to know that I am capable of creating something totally new,that has no connection to the dying culture of rock,and just commit once and for all the inner essensualist conviction that my micro strategies of power,strength and passion for sound will connect with others,however few they may be,each individual I help to escape the negative frequencies of dead and sybaritic music I will consider to be a precious touching from a distance.As you can see I am a mythomanniac with delusions of grandeur,but at least I am trying to let you into who I really am.Many of you will think me ridiculous,probably just don't care.If I could just discover one true friend on this forum I would consider all the shame of my self-revelation to be worthwhile.

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

After careful consideration,I've realised that I don't want to quit singing after all.I have a passable voice and a lot of integrity.As I don't see myself as live performer I wouldn't rule out auto-tune completely,although I think my voice can handle the range of the tune I am referring to in the above.The track was recorded in Logic Express and I had a literally high time layering sounds so I think this is a pretty dense tune.Problem is the lyrical content and theme.It's a pretty up-beat up-tempo track with some Funky guitar drop ins,popin' bass and African percussion.

I just wondered if anyone had some themes or lyrics...

So far I got:

"I'm so far away from the blues"

"I'm so far away from you,"

I'm so far away from being abused..."

3. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I like instrumental tracks. Lyrics are a nice touch though sometimes. You can really experiment and "go places" with instrumental music though. I usually don't sing because I can never remember an entire song's lyrics lol.