Going retro is the only way outta babylon....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by David0301, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Oh yeah, I've gone through 3-4 chargers for the thing by now. I need a new one gain. They're like 40 bucks.

David0301 likes this.
  2. David0301

David0301 Members

hey, me again, i just wanted to say i admire you for not having fallen into the consumer-trap from the very start. It is not easy and most people have. Also: I have chosen to work from the computer because it gives you freedom of time and location, making you a little bit more independent. Downside: I need to keep buying smartphones, laptops or else I cant work. I hope you got my message ? I dont do it for fun. Smartphones take your time and phantasy. They also destroy relationships. Yes they do.
    If it wasnt for the job i would never run around with a big,breakable smartphone taking half of my jeans pocket space nor would i bother about stupid little problems that occur with my laptop

3. David0301

David0301 Members

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: you see

4. David0301

David0301 Members

yep, flip phone rocks, did you see the photos i uploaded ? one of them is a samsung flip phone, very durable, strong material

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think as far as the cars go, they do quite a bit to insure your safety in the event of an accident. Maybe they use lighter materials for fuel efficiency? That's what I think anyway.

I hear you with the laptop. I had a Lenovo laptop that would disconnect from WiFi at random. We hired people to try to figure it out, but in the end it was difficult to replicate the problem. They ran diagnostics but couldn't find anything wrong with the (wireless card I think it's called) computer. I haven't had problems with Dell so far, so maybe their laptops are superior or something.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If you wanna cut 'babylon' out of your life why buy and use Samsung devices?

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yes. Violently so. :D

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I never understood why someone would buy a phone that you need to flip open.

9. Asmodean

I loved my flip phone when I had one. And I had it for a long time, still used it when most other people had smartphones already.
    It literally fell apart in the end lol. But although it has served me well, I really wouldn't want a new one in this smartphone age.

I don't get this stuff about new phones suck because they damage when you drop them.
    1) they really don't damage that easily in my experience. Unless you throw them :p
    2) its a hundreds of dollar pocket computer. Maybe just be a bit more careful or something.
    3) if that's not an option because one is spastic or just unbelievable clumsy or something there are very practical cases to put around your phone.

rollingalong likes this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my low budget phone is a flipper....i bought one because it was the cheapest solution to ''no phone'' ...i was done with apple by then

ive heard of these since thin..mini cellphones...they are 20 to 50 dollars....some are just usb size....some are designed to be smuggled in your ass...all are really small

although now i lose my phone in the house everyday....a mini cell phone would likely make me crazy losing it all day long...i'm a bit of a stoner so sometimes i misplace stuff :)

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i gotta go back to sleep...can someone google the ''firefighter found safe in sacramento''

it is a very weird story...i gotta go back to bed

13. Asmodean

Yeah a stoner's phone really shouldn't be as small as an USB stick :-D That's just asking for problems!

rollingalong likes this.
  14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

This was probably the best phone ever

[​IMG]

David0301 likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Nu-huh! Flip phone ruled. It was even smaller than that Nokia too. Very handy!

David0301 likes this.
  16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Couldn't have been much smaller. And then you had to open it :D

That stuff was totally unhinged. :p

17. David0301

David0301 Members

yes my current laptop is a lenovo ;-) and im having problems with it already. I should have gone with Dell. The problem is where I live DEll is only sold online. So you can not see and touch it beforehand.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. David0301

David0301 Members

upload_2018-2-14_11-55-56.jpeg

this is the best phone i have ever had, samsung sgh x830. I am loooking on ebay to buy it second hand again. That phone is... i cant desribe it in words..

19. David0301

David0301 Members

as i said; to work, to be able to talk to my clients, :pensive:

20. David0301

David0301 Members

i tell you why: 1.half of the phone protects the screen+keyboard 2.it makes the phone even smaller when flipped. i have owned many many fliphones throughout my life. 30-40 or so. The reason why: in austria your mobile operator gives you a brand new phone every now and then if you signed a contract with them, because you collect points every month, the more you talk the more points you get, you can exchange these points then for a new phone. In Spain its way different. they dont give you shit here

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018