Going retro is the only way outta babylon....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by David0301, Feb 13, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

Its not my fault bro i have to keep working,enslaving for babylon because i need money to pay for my food and clothes and rent. So for now I got no other choice than to be dependent on whatever babylon manufacturers throw at me. :disappointed:
    I know its sad but im not fortunate enough yet to have my own house and to be self sufficient. The very first day im self sufficient im tellin ya I will cease all these nasty consumerism .

2. David0301

David0301 Members

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I love these posts: "Your friggin update broke my Facebook. Fix it!"

All in caps of course. :D

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

LOL. Who do you think is the first company to remove unnecessary BS.

Remember what Steve did to the floppy disk?

5. David0301

David0301 Members

When buying a new laptop I always wonder why no producer (apart from expensive apple) can place the ventilation openings at the front instead of under . It is well known among it people that ventilation placed below is bad because it can cause the cpu to overheat when placed for example on the pillow or bed. I wonder whether they do that on purpose or not? Hmmmm..it is strategically suicidal to place them under and only provides troubles long-term

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Was it something sexual?

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wouldnt the definition of being self sufficient include building your own house.

And if you mean carbon zero as well, wouldnt that mean building that house out of garbage?

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm sorry that you feel unfortunate. Life is so hard when you barely have enough to get by on.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Life was pretty good enough in the late 70's. We had anaesthetic, cars, planes, films, cake. If all this technology disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't really miss it. I would just acclimatize. I use it, but it doesn't really impress me much. It's dumb, even though I realize the inventors who produce this stuff have a certain kind of intelligence.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No. I think he's pretty well off. And why do you write like a girl.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

First world problems. The majority of the world is less fortunate. And dying for some of the stuff we take for granted. Good to keep things in perspective.
    That being said: planned obsolescence sucks. Especially if you like to make your electronic devices last. But if you take your time when researching your next (pocket)computer you can probably find a bearable and quality option

12. David0301

David0301 Members

self sufficient means being independent from any supermarket , store, energy supplier , landlord etc ,

for example some farmer (not all, only a few of them) fall into that category, people might view them as "poor" because they got no money in their pockets, but to me they are rich. because they are independent. independent=rich. i might make more money than any of these farmers but what is it good for if alot of it goes to paying babylon bills industry food,clothes, energy, taxes, rent ?
    i see "Being rich" totally different now. I have always thought that you are fortunate if you make a lot of money. but this is not true at all. you only enslave yourself more and more. its a vicious cycle that makes you more and more dependent. you keep working to pay your bills.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  13. David0301

David0301 Members

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I didn't think I was. I will try to do better...

15. David0301

David0301 Members

im glad that your laptop has 2 jacks. But go to any store and you will see that laptops these days have , if one, 1 jack-in .

Further : I somehow have the feeling that the technological advancement is not used in our favour but more against us. The materials used in the massproduction of computers, mobile phones, cars are getting cheaper and cheaper. I was shocked to see that even the new made in germany mercedes (there is also the us-version of mercedes) are mostly made of cheap plastic materials. Plastic is the cheapest material to use. They use it for most consumer goods. Also: why dont smartphone manucfacturer make the screens more robust so they dont break (easily) `? we have the technology for sure to do that. but they dont want to do that because they want to keep us buying over and over again. I have to buy almost every 6 months a new smartphone because somethings breaks.

Remember how cars up until the 70s were made of stainless steel? think of chevrolet,cadillac,ford etc they were like tanks you could demolish a wall with it. nowadays they are made of aluminum. so soft, if you press a little harder against ith with your thumb you can make an indentation in it .
    that is what i mean: "everything is built to not last" allthough science and technological advancement have reached much further than in the 70s.

i really feel enslaved by the industry and wont let them do this to me any longer.
    just yesterday i had another problem with my laptop which is a few months old, the bluetooth card stopped working now i need to buy a new one. please dont see money as the problem in this because i admit laptops are very cheap these days, it is more the TIME, ENERGY, GRIEF you go through in order to repair the damages. Yesterday I wasted 4 hours to find out what the problem with the new bluetooth card was. Then I had to call up my it-expert-friend. He also spent about 1.5 hours and still does not know what the problem is . It has just stopped working.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. David0301

David0301 Members

i told you im going retro i was not joking
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 21.01.03.jpeg

these phones last ages, you can drop them hit them nothing happens, charged battery lasts 2 weeks or more, sometimes when i have to go out all day and talk a lot then i just put my simcard in one of those (with a simcards adapter of course because in those days simcards were bigger)

17. David0301

David0301 Members

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 21.01.58.jpeg

remember these?
    they cost a few cents man, and give you the same quality sound as a cd, + you can rewrite them over and over again + you dont have to be extra-careful with them as with cds

18. David0301

David0301 Members

no, i love internet

19. David0301

David0301 Members

apple laptops are the only one that are built to last longer - materialwise. The ventilation windows are also place above as opposed to under. All other laptops are made to be thrown into the trash-can within a short period of time (if you use your laptop as much as I do ) . BUT apple laptops are built to make you buy more and more of their products. think of their special cables, no more headphone-in, unique softwares, music player, etc etc

20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I am back to a flip phone for the same reason. The others break so easy and the battery lasts for nothing

David0301 likes this.